Address reservation not working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-11 19:39:52
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hi,

Tried to search but all I could find was something about device name having dash in its name which doesn't apply in my case. 

Setup: Deco m5 (3 units, main one in office + one upstairs + one basement). Unraid box (device name Tower) connected to basement unit via cat 5e cable. So nothing crazy, as basic as it gets. 

I need to assign static ip to Tower so that it always stays the same, like 192.168.68.101 for example. 

Ive done what the instructions say - Advanced/address reservation, selected Tower and assigned 101 to it. 

However it is being completely ignored. Every few days or on Tower restart it always gets a new different ip. 

Am I doing something wrong or deco m5 is just that buggy? Any way to get it to working?

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Address reservation not working?
2021-07-12 11:24:00

@Muruloki 

Hi, since I did not know unRAID box too much and I will give you some basic information based on the Deco.

Have you checked the MAC address when unRAID used the IP address 192.168.68.101, then the MAC address when unRAID got a new IP address?

Options