VR2800 internet disconnects, ISP cannot solve it, says maybe the modem is at fault

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR2800 internet disconnects, ISP cannot solve it, says maybe the modem is at fault

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-12 13:24:35
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 210313

I have been using VR2800 for 4 years. And the last 2 months I'm getting frequent disconnects from internet. The DSL line is always active and does not disconnect but the internet stops working and in the modem interface it says "Disconnected" when I check the internet tab. It mostly resolves on its own after several minutes but I may get another disconnect immediately afterwards. 

And one thing that always keeps happening is the following:

Whenever I get a disconnect the modem always shows some upstream even though I'm not uploading anything, and my activity monitor does not show any uploaded data during that time. This is a screenshot. Is my modem dead or is something else going on? 

I have tried everything. Resetted the modem to factory defaults as well. The ISP checked the cables and cannot find anything wrong with the DSL line. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:VR2800 internet disconnects, ISP cannot solve it, says maybe the modem is at fault
2021-07-12 15:23:16
... I noticed that you have the March 2021 version, this is a version that in other countries has been withdrawn due to the various problems it brings with it, and in fact it expects the fix of that version which, as usual, despite the release production of a fantastic device, the final and stable version is slow in coming, so I recommend a flash of the device to the previous version for your country (2020-06-28 or earlier) before declaring the modem dead.
Options
Re:VR2800 internet disconnects, ISP cannot solve it, says maybe the modem is at fault
2021-07-12 15:38:31
Thanks, I tried to get back to the previous firmware but the Router is not accepting the firmware file.
Options
2021-07-12 15:51:48
... if the Annex A protocol also works in your country, go to the Italian site and collect the latest firmware, sometimes the beta versions overcome the software block imposed by Tp-Link (although this does not always happen but if you are lucky ....), if instead it accepts the B / J protocol then a beta firmware on the German site. So at least you try the unlock and once unlocked you can put the firmware you want ...
Options
2021-07-12 15:53:42
Got the latest one from UK site, Annex A. Same as the one in Italy I think. Did upgrade to that one. Let's see if the problem persists.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 510

Replies: 4