Archer AX10 Unstable Ping After Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-14 16:56:15 - last edited 2021-07-14 17:13:22
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20210421 Rel. 64516(5553)

I bought this router on Feb and it has been working fine. The problem started after I decided to update the firmware sometime last week (didn't remember the exact date). This update was done using the online update feature, not through local update, so I'm pretty sure it's not because I downloaded the wrong firmware version or something.

Since then, I've had crazy unstable ping with massive ping spikes and sometimes just outright disconnect for a minute or so before it connects by itself again. I'm pretty sure the router is the problem because if I connect my PC directly to the modem, it works fine without any issues. I've tried the regular turning off and on again countless times, even factory resetting the router twice and the issue persists.

Below attached some ping test results that shows those massive ping spikes. Note that that ping test is done from my PC which is wired through ethernet to the router, but this issue affects every device that is connected through WiFi as well.

Any help would be appreciated as this problem has affected my work (and gaming time) quite significantly.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 Unstable Ping After Firmware Update
2021-07-15 01:53:47

@ItsMeVan 

May we confirm who is your ISP, and what's the model of the modem? How about the LED status on the AX10 when the ping spikes and internet disconnects, will it become red?

Please share the whole system log on the AX10 router, including that when the issue happens, thanks.

Options
2021-07-15 03:10:33

@Kevin_Z 

I'm from Indonesia, my ISP is FirstMedia. The modem is Cisco DPC3008. When ping spikes happen, the LED all stay green. But when a disconnect happens, it turns orange. I need to mention that this disconnect happens very rarely, it's the ping spikes that are mostly the problem as it happens pretty much all the time.

This is my system log, as far as I can tell, there's no noticeable log when the ping spikes happen. I'll check the log again if a disconnect happens.

File:
syslog-2021-07-15.logDownload
Options
2021-07-15 03:32:54

@ItsMeVan 

Thank you.

On what devices you are experiencing ping spikes? Are they connecting to the 2.4G or 5G or LAN? What are they? The ping spikes issue doesn't exist before the firmware update, right? What if you try to reset the router to factory defaults, reconfigure it from scratch, leave all the settings by default, then monitor the ping?

Options
2021-07-15 03:44:41 - last edited 2021-07-15 03:51:47

@Kevin_Z 

The ping spikes affect all devices, desktop, laptops, phones no matter how they're connected. Yes, this issue never happened before the latest firmware update. If I remember correctly, my previous firmware was V1.2_201116 which came out of the box. I've tried factory resetting, but the issue still persists, as factory reset didn't downgrade the firmware. Is there any way for me to downgrade the firmware manually? As I tried downloading the file for earlier version but it says Invalid File Type when I tried to update it.

Options
2021-07-15 06:41:06

@ItsMeVan 

If that is the case, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2021-07-15 10:55:16

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you so much, will wait for the follow up. Hopefully it can be fixed

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 6

Related Articles