Deco X20 Satellite takes static IP of another device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 03:47:28
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

G'day

I've bought the X20 three pack for my folks home network. I've set it up with a Raspberry Pi set as a Pi-Hole DNS server and set the static IP to 192.168.0.2

I had one of the satellites off at this stage and turned it back on and it has taken the address of the Pi and booted it off the network. I can't get the satellite to give up the address and can't set a static IP for the satellite.

TP LINK, allow the satellites to have static IPs please. It's been requested half a year ago and seems so easy to implement. I don't know why it isn't there in the first place.

What's the best course of action to get the satellite to renew the address? Leave it off for a day? I've tried resetting it but that doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Aidan

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Satellite takes static IP of another device
2021-07-16 03:39:16

@Aidan.S 

Hi, this feedback has been forwarded to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

And would it be possible to change the IP address for Raspberry Pi?

Or have you tried to reserve the 192.168.0.2 for Raspberry Pi on the Deco, then power back the satellite Deco?

Options
Re:Deco X20 Satellite takes static IP of another device
2021-07-16 04:59:45

@TP-Link 

I can change the address of the pi, but it's not something I should have to do and would mess up my addressing scheme. 

I have powered off the deco, restarted the pi, and turned the deco back on but it still boots it off the address. I'm leaving it off for a couple days to see if that makes a difference, perhaps the lease will renew. 

Thanks for the response. Hopefully it can be sorted soon. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 540

Replies: 2

Related Articles