Archer C20 auto reconnect problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 07:32:05
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0

I have an Archer C20 v5 US version. When internet gets disconnected because of ISP and when internet comes back, a lot of the times the Router doesnt get automatically connected back to the internet. The "Status" would show assigned IP address but the all clients still show "no internet access". Only manually pressing "connect" in the "network page" or rebooting the router works. I've already set connection to be active at all times and set idle time as 0. The problem still happens.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C20 auto reconnect problem
2021-07-16 07:48:10

@aguero9320 

Can we confirm who is your ISP, and is the WAN connection type on the C20, Dynamic IP?

If the router doesn't connect to the internet automatically after the modem restores, but there is still a WAN IP address and gateway, please try to change the DNS server on the C20 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 under Advanced > Network > Internet, where you can find "Use the following DNS addresses", then monitor again.

Options
2021-12-01 23:33:51

I have exactly the same problem with my Archer C2300. It would ocassioanaly drop connection and would not reconnect unless manually rebooted.

Talked to the customer support and changed primary and secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I lost my connection again in 10 days.

I need a reliable router for my security system. It is really frustrating when I am ouside of my house and I am ubable to reach my home network remotely.

Options
2021-12-02 07:44:17

@Jamajo56 

Who is your ISP, and is the WAN connection type on the C2300, Dynamic IP? Is there still a WAN IP address when the internet is not available on the C2300? Please show us the screenshot of the status page when the internet is not available and when it is available after the reboot.

Try with a different cat 5e or cat 6 cable between the modem and the C2300.

BTW, when did you purchase the router, and when did the issue start to happen?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 507

Replies: 3

Related Articles