Archer T3U USB Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T3U USB Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer T3U USB Adapter
Archer T3U USB Adapter
2021-07-15 10:33:28
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Every day when I boot up my Windows10 desktop, my new adapter fails to work, so I have to re-install it.  The message during the installation tells me that the driver is already installed, but I have to take the re-install option to be successful.  My router then appears, and I have to insert the password to make it connect.  This happens every time I boot up.  What is happening and why is the previous driver installation not being recognised.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer T3U USB Adapter
2021-07-20 08:39:35

@janjalovy Hello, 

Please try this latest chipset driver for  and see if help with the issue:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Below is the instruction to manually install driver: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

When the issue happens, if there is any Error message, may I have a photo?

Please go to This PC/ Computer--> Computer Management--> Device manager/ Other Devices and see if tp-link adapter or 802.11ac XX is still available under Device manager? Double-click on tp-link adapter and let us to know the Status of adapter.
Please check the motherboard of your computer and share a photo with us: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Options
2021-07-21 12:13:50

@Solla-topee 

Well, I have installed the driver you sent me, and done a re-boot, as instructed, but has made no difference.  What happens is that, when I boot up my pc the system does not detect any local networks, so I have to re-install the network adapter.  Almost immediately there is a message to the effect that an existing installation has been found and do I want to exit or re-install.  Pressing exit just takes me back to where I started, so I have to use the re-installation option and hey-presto a whole load of local networks pop up.  I then complete the installation by adding the password to my own router and all is fine.

It seems strange to me that my old faithful Belkin G Plus Mimo adapter has suddenly given up the ghost and I am wondering if this is all to do with one of those weekly Windows updates I get that has somehow mucked it all up. If it is just a coincidence then at least the shop I bought this one has said I could return it and get a replacement, so I might just do that (although my daily re-installation procedure has become almost a "normal" event for me!)

However, what I haven't done yet is to check the status of the existing setup of the adapter in the device manager before doing all the re-installation.  Perhaps I will do that and let you know, but, in the meantime I would attach a couple of pictures of my motherboard, but I can't see how I can attach them. Perhaps you could let me know where the link is.

Options
2021-07-22 11:16:00

@janjalovy 

Thank you for your detailed information. Click the paperclip or pic icon to upload the screenshot.

Please disable other wireless adapter if there is any. It is recommend to try this T3U with a different motherboard and see if could work stable or does the same? 

And help attach the screenshot of   motherboard info of PC or Error if there is any, thank you. Btw, when did you purchase this adapter and does it work fine before? 

Options
2021-07-22 15:40:58

@janjalovy 

I have found the file link although it is not the same as you have on your illustration.  Also it takes 2 pictures for the whole of the info on the motherboard, so let me know if you want the second one, as it seems I can only send you one picture.

When I turned on my desktop this morning I checked the Device Manager (before I reinstalled the adapter) and in Properties the message was that the adapter was working properly, even though no networks were visible until I did the usual re-installation.

I am loath to try the adapter on my laptop as I don't want to interfere with the existing inbuilt adapter (which is working fine), so I think I may go for the "Return" option, for the device which I only bought on 8 July

File:
Capture1.JPGDownload
Options
2021-07-29 06:13:45

@janjalovy Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, we would like to follow your case via email and escalate your case, if you have not returned yet feel free to let us know via email. 

Options
2021-07-29 16:56:12

@Solla-topee 

Re-installing has become part of my regular boot up procedures now, as I haven't yet returned the adapter to get a replacement.  Incidentally, the system couldn't find my printer yesterday, in the same way as it can't find a network connection.  However, in this case I used the troubleshoot option and it mended the problem.  I'm still wondering if a recent Windows (10) update could be the problem, as I have now had a problem with two devices.

Options
2021-07-30 10:44:39

@janjalovy Thank you for your update, your case will be escalated to our seniors, please check your inbox,they will help look into the issue. 

Options
2022-01-15 15:29:08
I have TP Link Archer T3U it loads but when it is searching for it it cannot find it that is by the CD so waste of money and waste of time cannot install and I don't think it is compatible with Windows 10 either.
Options