Satellite Decos loosing conection all the time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 13:17:42 - last edited 2021-07-15 13:42:52
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hi, I have a 3 units Deco M4, the main is connected via Ethernet cable to cable modem. It's on router mode at this time (main Deco). The 1º satellite is connected via a 15 meters Ethernet cable to the main unit. The 2º satellite is further away from the main and is connected via WIFI only. I can't put a cable between both satellites. The 2º satellite although is close to satellite 1º, about six meters and a wall between them, it connects via WIFI to the main unit only, which is pretty away from it, about 15 meters and at least 3 walls between them. I can't get the 2º satellite to connect via WIFI to the 1º satellite. It always sticks to main unit (router), and the logical solution would be for 2º satellite to be connected to 1º one because of proximity. By the way, 1º satellite, which is cabled to main, is also unstable. many times a day the LED light turns yellow or red. After a while it heals by it's self and turn white again, but this may happen many times a day loosing my internet connection. I also tried to configure them in AP mode but it was worse. My ISP plan is of 50 Mbts down and 10 Mbts up. I could not get over 15 Mbts down in any of the satellites in AP mode. In router mode, when 1º satellite is stable I get maximum download and upload speeds.If I could I would rather use it in AP mode than Router mode because my cable modem works as a router already. Please I need help to solve this or I will have to return the system back. Thank you. I don't know how to draw the net but I think I have been clear enough. Thanks again. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Satellite Decos loosing conection all the time.
2021-07-16 06:57:59

@efligler 

Hi, For the unstable issue on the satellite Deco units, the 2nd satellite, which is wirelessly linked to the main Deco, might be caused by the distance;

For the 1st unit, the reason is not clear yet.

P

lease refer to the following suggestions to have a look:

1.If there is a new Ethernet cable, please change to a different one to connect the 1st unit to the main Deco;

2. Switch the location of two satellite units so that we could check two things

--whether the signal source could change on a different satellite unit;

--whether the same Ethernet cable works on another satellite unit;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 1

Related Articles