Range Extender not connecting to the Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-16 05:11:37
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TP-Link Router (Archer C1200) and 2 wifi extenders (TL-WA850RE). The extenders connected perfectly to the router using WPS, however, after an hour or so, they no longer connect to the Internet. I have tried to follow the instructions of a range of other threads, however, they don't appear in my network map. I have re-connected them several times, and the same thing occurs.

This is becoming frustrating as I am working from home and cannot access reliable Internet during the day.

Some help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender not connecting to the Internet
2021-07-19 03:44:56 - last edited 2021-07-19 03:45:09

@CLESJ2005 Hello, 

May I know how do you connect 2* REs to router? If you want to use multiple REs, it is recommended to connect to no more than (<=) 2 range extenders to the router &  both range extenders connects to main router like Topology 1:   RE )))(( Router )))(( RE2

Please confirm the RE is on the latest firmware:(select hardware version first to check firmware)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa850re/

For ' after an hour or so, they no longer connect to the Internet.' do you mean both RE stops working, how about the Led status on REs at that time? 

It is recommended to plug in 1 RE at a time for a test and see if it could work stable for a day. 

To avoid RE connects to RE and cause a loop, it is recommended to change the SSID for the first range extender using Tether app and see if that helps:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Options