AX20 Wifi unstable, disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-17 10:49:54 - last edited 2021-07-17 11:01:59
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

Unifi 100mpbs plan

Just bought AX20 last week to replace my stock unifi d link router, then nightmare came, everything is ok except wifi will randomly drop to very low speed and eventually show no internet access, then back to normal after like 10sec or more. this will happen at least 5 times in a day. any solution?

after looking at the log, looks like the connection between router and modem keep disconnected for few seconds and reconnect back for some reason.

1) i have tried change dns to 8.8.8.8 still same result.

2) updated to lastest firmware still same result

3) factory reset to start a fresh set up still same result.

4) all device connected to wifi encountered the same issue

I try to install back my old d link router, works like a charm no issue, so i can 100% sure its the router problem.

any solution? 

Hardware V2

Options
13 Reply
Re:AX20 Wifi unstable, disconnect
2021-07-17 11:27:45 - last edited 2021-07-18 15:32:36

@MrGuGuZai 

Use these wireless settings:

Try to connect the modem to AX20 with another ethernet cable CAT 5E/6 or/and use a different modem LAN port.

Use these DNS and Internet port settings if the modem LAN port is 1 gbps (if its a 100 mbps port then set that to 100 mbps):

Then test if that will improve things.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-18 03:06:03

@terziyski still no hope, i just noticed many post about ax20 still have the same issue as me, looks like its a bad design. will avoid tp link at all cost

Options
2021-07-19 06:44:58 - last edited 2021-07-19 13:18:49

@MrGuGuZai 

You can disable IPv6 and OneMesh features if you don't use them and test again:

You can also refer to the newest troubleshooting guide from TP-Link [Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-04 03:35:54 - last edited 2021-09-04 03:43:25

Hi All,

I also have the TP-Link AX20 that i recently purchased. In the past i have enjoyed TP-Link routers but this thing is absolute JUNK!

My issue is the same as many that has eben reported. My background is in IT for the past 25 years and I have gone through a number of settings / testing with this router. For the TP-Link staff please take note:

1) I am using the Archer AX20 v2.0  and Firmware Version 2.1.1 Build 20210521 rel.72300(5553) (the latest / most current).

2) My issue in particular is with the 2.4 GHz wireless band. It drops out daily and when this happens my devices / client computer cannot connect over this band. The 5 GHz band remains running without problem. All devices on the 5 GHz network or lan connected can access internet without a problem. All lights remain on, I can see the SSID network show up however if I try to join that network I am unable to join (almost as iff the username / password is no longer valid). As soon as I either reboot the router, or simply disable / enable the 2.4 GHz network only everything is able to reconnect immediately.

3) I have tried to manually set the 2.4 GHz channel and channel width manually as well per recommendations already put out by you (i.e. - Channel 1, 6, 11, and manual width to 20 Mhz).

4) This is NOT a problem with the settings, cross talk from microwaves / other nearby routers, etc. This is NOT an internet connection problem with my provider, etc. My old router when re-installed works perfectly fine with the EXACT SAME SETTINGS on both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

I'm not sure how many people have to report this issue but you seriously need to get your engineers to release a new firmware release to FIX THIS ISSUE. Please stop trying to tell users this somehow appears to be our settings because it is not. Plain and simple this is a bad firmware / design and it needs to be fixed.

I purchased this router just 5 days ago and the problem occurs daily. if we cannot get a resolution VERY SHORTLY i will return for full credit and i plan to not use TP-Link in the future. This is absolutely HORRIBLE customer service and quality testing of your equipment!!!

Options
2021-09-06 09:33:48

@Electroman121 

Hi, thank you very much for the detailed issue description. I can see that you have already created a support ticket which is followed up by the engineers, it's suggested to investigate the issue with them directly, we will also update here once the issue is addressed.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-17 00:55:38

@Electroman121 

Hi, just wonder if you have got any respond or solution from TP-LINK engineers?

It seems that i am having the same issue with my AX20.

Cheers

Options
2021-09-17 01:41:40

@Hiro_X 

I have heard from the engineers and they sent me a firmware that allowed me to collect detailed log information for when the problem occurred. I have sent the logs back to them a few days ago and awaiting an update but have heard nothing further since then. I am hoping to get a response shortly on this issue.

Cheers,

Darryl

Options
2021-09-17 01:53:45
That's great.. hopefully the engineers will come up with newer firmware to resolve this issue. I had the same issue previously with AX10. Many Thanks for your update. Cheers
Options
2021-09-18 03:34:34 - last edited 2021-09-18 10:41:28

@Hiro_X 

there wont be any fix, if theres a fix it should be fixed long time ago, this issue happened for such long time and tp link doesn't do anything, they  just keep asking or guiding us to some stupid troubleshooting (its just a way to entertain the customer), clearly its the hardware issue.

Options
2021-09-18 07:27:13

@MrGuGuZai 

Hopefully tp-link is still care about providing good product and support to customers. 

or perhaps just get ASUS router and forget all about tp-link. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2760

Replies: 13

Related Articles