Deco X20 - Ethernet Backhaul switches to wireless mode randomly (Decos are in AP mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X20 - Ethernet Backhaul switches to wireless mode randomly (Decos are in AP mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-18 14:05:44
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

Network topology:

- Deco AP 1

|

Modem  -- Asus router ----- Deco AP 2

|

- Deco AP 3

Problem: 

The APs are wired as such. When I first start to use them, all APs show "Ethernet" as the connection mode to the main router. However, after some time, some Decos will start to switch from ethernet mode to wireless mode, in which these Decos get connected to other decos wirelessly. Then the speed will drop drastically. Can confirm through speedtests that the Decos are able to be connected to the router via ethernet backhaul.

All Decos are on the latest firmware

Is there any way to solve this? Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X20 - Ethernet Backhaul switches to wireless mode randomly (Decos are in AP mode)
2021-07-19 08:04:54

@ympa 

Hi, did you use any switch between the Deco unit?—if yes, may I know the model number of the switch?

Or there are connected to the LAN ports of the Asus router directly?

What is the model number of the Asus router?

By the way, how often did Ethernet backhaul switch to wireless backhaul?

Thank you.

Options
Re:Deco X20 - Ethernet Backhaul switches to wireless mode randomly (Decos are in AP mode)
2021-07-19 10:28:00

@TP-Link 

Hi, 

1.No switches were used, connected to router directly

2.Model is AC86U

3. I would say quite a few times, perhaps once every 3 days

Options
2021-07-20 03:28:31

@ympa 

Hi, I would like to follow up on your case by email.

Could you please help me check the following information as well:

1. Would both satellite units switch from Ethernet backhaul to wireless backhaul?

2. How would they switch back to Ethernet backhaul, unplug and plug the cable back, or rebooting the Deco?

Thank you.

Options
2021-07-20 08:03:03

@TP-Link Yes sure, please go ahead and contact me via email.

For 1, sometimes it's just one deco switching, then other times its both decos switching.

For 2, I would reboot the Decos affected and then it'll return to ethernet

Options
2021-07-20 08:23:18

@ympa 

Thank you very much and the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already.

Please wait for the further update from senior engineers;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 829

Replies: 5

Related Articles