What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

80 Reply
Re:What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?
2023-10-02 18:35:33

@mobfest  if you want something good and you do not have tight budget buy mikrotik. With mikrotik you know if something not working it is your problém with config.

mobfest wrote

This issue has now plagued my TP Link Archer AX73 from past over 3 months. I'm  based in India and is using ACT Broadband. I'm have been suspecting ISP connection over the router for over 3 months now. Generous ACT service people have been supporting me. Finally, we concluded the issue is with TP link router when my old reliable dlink ac1200 has been working without an issue from past 3 days. On TP Link one -  I'm on latest firmware version. Router always was in use with the default power adapter. I have a UPS backup for the router. It is in well ventilated space. 

Help me fix it if anyone has found a solution, it is the only wifi 6 router I have and now resting in the drawer. I'm back to old wifi standard and I'm  disappointed. 

Options
2023-10-07 10:06:21

mobfest wrote

This issue has now plagued my TP Link Archer AX73 from past over 3 months. I'm  based in India and is using ACT Broadband. I'm have been suspecting ISP connection over the router for over 3 months now. Generous ACT service people have been supporting me. Finally, we concluded the issue is with TP link router when my old reliable dlink ac1200 has been working without an issue from past 3 days. On TP Link one -  I'm on latest firmware version. Router always was in use with the default power adapter. I have a UPS backup for the router. It is in well ventilated space. 

Help me fix it if anyone has found a solution, it is the only wifi 6 router I have and now resting in the drawer. I'm back to old wifi standard and I'm  disappointed. 

@mobfest 

Can I know how often the auto-reboot happens? Or is there any specific time or network activity that occurs when the router reboots itself? 

Please try enabling the Reboot Schedule on the router and monitor if the auto reboot stops.

BTW, are you enabling EasyMesh on the AX73? You may try to disable it if there are no EasyMesh extenders or routers in the network.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-14 15:29:49

@Kevin_Z 

Please help me.

My router is keeps rebooting 4 to 5 times a day but there is no reboot schedule.

I also updated the latest

Firmware Version:

1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(5553)
Hardware Version :
Archer C6 4.0

Please help me ASAP.
Options
2023-12-14 15:46:24

@PROY 

Hi Roy,

I thinks i fix it by set up difrent NTP server.

And my best advice is probably to downgrade the OS or upgrade it to newer version....

But I am no longer user of TP link. I migrated everything to Miktorik.

I had problem with dns server setting because you cannot have it to same subnet as router ip has for examle 192.168.1.95 and you must have it set to 192.168.0.95.

But if you need help I could look again to that problem but best advice from me is to cgange it ASAP or ask the SW developers or maybe you can raise a new bug... and probably some develeoper could look at it. 

Options
2023-12-14 15:56:57

@Kevin_Z   @TPLK @TP_ 

Please all upwote this post because it looks like to me there are no fixes or any resolution to this matter and it is like 2 or more years (JUTS FOR ME)

Everyone form TP link.

It seems obvious to me this is with sw or poorly made hw and bodth of them are you butter.

So every device at least every had or has problem with your sw. It would be great to investigate further why this think happens and also provide logs to developers or create a new version (upgrade) with nore logs generating because users cannot get setup that.

For my experience the os has soem strange behaviour like DNS canoot be on 192.168.1.1/24 or same ip range as router....

There are more more problems with your sw like NTP (when time zone change or tine like winter to sumer rime the router reboot automatically).

And also noticed some bugs that may be related to customer saefty and many more).

Please investigate this ASAP and dont be lazy. 

Options
2023-12-14 15:57:58
Try to setup a static NTP...
Options
2023-12-14 16:25:53
how to setup static NTP?
Options
2023-12-14 16:35:03
NTP https://www.tp-link.com/cac/support/faq/940/ And find your lofal ntp servers using google.
Options
2023-12-15 02:09:29

@PROY 

Hi, this thread is for general troubleshooting guide for all products, which doesn't mean any known issue on a specific model.

Usually if any common issue is located on a specific model, we will start a new thread to provide specific troubleshooting or solution, for your C6 V4 router now, please refer to the solution in this thread to see if it solves the problem: Archer C80v1&v2.2/C64v1/C6v4 Restarting Randomly

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-26 13:37:41

@Kevin_Z I meant this one

File:
Screenshot from 2024-03-26 19-07-12.pngDownload
Options
Related Articles