Unable to connect to Deco X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-19 10:43:23
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up my Deco X20 for the first time.  The LED is solid green and I can see the Wi-Fi network (as HomeNetwork) but when I try to connect to it with my iPhone using the password in the format Deco_XXXX I get the message "Incorrect password for "HomeNetwork".  I have also tried to connect wirelessly with an Android phone and my laptop.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to Deco X20
2021-07-19 13:35:40

@StuartMV 

Once I accidentally entered space (blank) at the end of my WiFi password in router configuration and spent some time trying to figure why devices can't connect.

If nothing works, I suggest temporarily changing password to something very simple like 123456 and making sure there are no spaces at the beginning and at the end of the password. If you can connect devices while using such simple password, now you can try something different for password with full confidence that devices can connect to Deco. 

Options
2021-07-19 16:58:54

@Alexandre. Thanks for your suggestion.  I have tried again being ultra careful but it still won't let me connect.

Options
2021-07-20 03:08:40

@StuartMV 

Hi, could you mind doing a simple test:

1.change the password to be Deco123456 on the Deco APP over mobile data and test whether the devices could connect or not;

2.change the password to be Deco_123456 and test again;

Options
2021-07-21 07:27:45

@TP-Link Thanks for youre reply.  As I have not been able to make an initial connection to the unit, I do not have the functionality on the App to be able to change the password.  All that the App allows me to do at the moment is the initial set-up.

Options
2021-07-24 09:45:02

@StuartMV 

One more thing. None of the LEDs went to flashing blue when I tried to install them. Two went to solid red and the other to solid green. Unless someone can help me resolve this problem this weekend they are going back to Amazon with an excoriating review. 

Options