Constantly losing internet to all wired and wireless 2.4 and 5 Ghz devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-20 02:04:14
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125

I first purchased the Archer A7 brand new from Amazon about 4 months ago. The day I get it I attempt to install it. I go through all of the setup correctly and get the internet up and running. About an hour after this the internet drops for everything. I contacted my ISP about 8 times that day. I was able to conclude without a doubt that it was not an issue with the internet connection or the modem. After this major letdown, I opted to get my ISP's standard issue router. However, this router was not a dual band router and I could not connect all my devices to it. I had the choice of internet or no internet so I accepted that I just wouldn't be able to use those devices. Fast forward to yesterday, I attempted to plug the Archer A7 back in to see if I could get it to work. It produced the same results. It went out about 5 times yesterday, I contacted TP-Link customer support multiple times but could not resolve the issue. I sent them syslogs of the issue and still could not find a solution. The last time it went out, I simply unplugged and plugged back in the modem only. After this, the router worked for a record breaking 28 hours before it went out again 45 minutes ago. Any help would be appreciated  as this has been an irritating experience.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Constantly losing internet to all wired and wireless 2.4 and 5 Ghz devices
2021-07-20 02:35:18

@Thilton00 

It seems you have created a support ticket already, the support engineers will get back to you soon after checking the system logs on the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 301

Replies: 1