Archer c6 does not restart automatically after a power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-20 09:40:55
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201117 rel.41066

Hello,

My Archer C6 router doesn't switch on automatically after a power outage. I have to physically restart it by pressing the power button located on the router.

I'm not at home all the time and some of my devices need the internet 24*7. How can I solve the issue? All help is appreciated. Thank you!

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer c6 does not restart automatically after a power outage
2021-07-21 09:05:46

@Sumera 

Does it mean the internet on the C6 won't come back automatically after the internet is restored on the modem? 

Can we confirm who is your ISP, and is the WAN connection type on the C6 Dynamic IP or static?

If the router doesn't connect to the internet automatically after the modem restores, will the C6 internet LED stay orange? Please login to the C6 web interface page to check if there is a WAN IP address when the internet LED is orange, send us the screenshot. If there is still a WAN IP address and gateway when the internet if off before you manually restart the C6, please try to change the DNS server on the C6 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 under Advanced > Network > Internet, where you can find "Use the following DNS addresses", then monitor again.

Options
2021-07-22 16:14:05 - last edited 2021-07-22 16:15:20

@Kevin_Z 

No, the router doesn't switch back automatically forcing me to manually restart it when the power supply is restored.

I have to switch it back on for it to reconnect to the internet.

However, the router seems to be working fine for now. I will reach out if any problem arises further. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Options
2022-01-18 21:47:05 - last edited 2022-01-18 21:48:45

I have the same issue, but in my case is just the WiFi that doesnt activate automatically. So I have to get into the admin interface, check the  "Enable Wireless Radio" button and save to have it working normally.

Firmware: 1.0.14 Build 20211118 rel.43110(4252)
Hardware: Archer C6 v3.0

Options
2022-01-19 08:06:18

FBM wrote

I have the same issue, but in my case is just the WiFi that doesnt activate automatically. So I have to get into the admin interface, check the  "Enable Wireless Radio" button and save to have it working normally.

Hello @FBM, can you describe the issue you're experiencing in more detail? Does it mean the wireless radio will keep off when you restart the router, and you need to check "Enable Wireless Radio" on the router web page to enable it again? Does this happen every time you restart the router? 

Have you enabled the Auto Reboot schedule on the router? What if you turn it off, will the wireless work properly?

Options
2022-01-26 18:44:37

@Kevin_Z 

These are three diferent scenarios I've tested:

1) Power outage:
Several minutes after recovering from a power outage, the wireless radio will keep off. Then I need to check "Enable Wireless Radio" on the router web page to enable it again. Otherwise I will not be able to see my wifi network on my cellphone or laptop.

Today this happened randomly, without the need of any power outage.

2) After turning the router off and then on:
Wireless worked properly

3) After rebooting the router using the web admin interface :
Wireless worked properly

4) Simulating a power outage (turning the router and the GPON on and off simultanously):
Wireless works properly.

Finally,
> Have you enabled the Auto Reboot schedule on the router? What if you turn it off, will the wireless work properly?
> The Wireless Schedule tool is on, and it turns off my Wifi from 1am to 5am. But I dont think thats the problem because my wifi works perfect every morning when I wake up (6am).

The Auto Reboot schedule tool has always been off. 

Thanks for your help!

Options
2022-01-27 03:24:39

FBM wrote

@Kevin_Z 

These are three diferent scenarios I've tested:

1) Power outage:
Several minutes after recovering from a power outage, the wireless radio will keep off. Then I need to check "Enable Wireless Radio" on the router web page to enable it again. Otherwise I will not be able to see my wifi network on my cellphone or laptop.

Today this happened randomly, without the need of any power outage.

2) After turning the router off and then on:
Wireless worked properly

3) After rebooting the router using the web admin interface :
Wireless worked properly

4) Simulating a power outage (turning the router and the GPON on and off simultanously):
Wireless works properly.

Finally,
> Have you enabled the Auto Reboot schedule on the router? What if you turn it off, will the wireless work properly?
> The Wireless Schedule tool is on, and it turns off my Wifi from 1am to 5am. But I dont think thats the problem because my wifi works perfect every morning when I wake up (6am).

The Auto Reboot schedule tool has always been off. 

Thanks for your help!

Hello@FBM, thanks for getting back with all the detailed information, we appreciate it.

So does the issue happen on both 2.4G and 5G wireless frequency? When does it start to happen, and when did you purchase the router? Is it an EU version or a US version?

If you can find a Onemesh on/off switch on the router, please try disabling it, then monitor again. BTW, you can also try disabling Smart Connect, then set up a different wireless network name for the 2.4G and 5G, then monitor if the issue happens on both frequencies or only on 2.4G.

Options
2022-02-01 20:26:58

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your answer. You are so kind for your concern with my problem using this router!

I bought this router on December (40 days ago, approximately).  I don't know if it is an EU or US version. I'm now in Brazil, and the box says: S/N:220C224001744

OneMesh has been off since I installed it for the first time.
SmartConnect, has been off for a while, since I started having the problem related here.

Usually, after a power outage, both frequencies (2.4 and 5GHz) are disabled. 

I have now changed the name of the 5GHz network. I will keep you informed.

Thanks again!

Options
2022-02-04 14:34:07

Written on a sticker in the box:

Modelo: Archer C6(BR) Ver.:3.0
S/N:220C224001744

I can also send the P/N and the EAN code if you want.
There is no reference about a US or EU version. Maybe it is a Brazilian (BR) version?

Options
2022-02-09 07:34:02

FBM wrote

Written on a sticker in the box:

Modelo: Archer C6(BR) Ver.:3.0
S/N:220C224001744

I can also send the P/N and the EAN code if you want.
There is no reference about a US or EU version. Maybe it is a Brazilian (BR) version?

Hello @FBM, that's right, yours could be the BR version, which is different from a US or EU version. 

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1030

Replies: 9