Reolink Cam with Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-21 13:20:24
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Sytem works fine with all other devices both wired and wirless apart from the Reolink Argus2 camera.

The issue here is the camera connects (see it in the device ist in app) but will not connect to the internet?

Tried all the usual, reset all Deco's / forgot network / firmware up to date etc, still same

Even tried guest network with and without secuirty, same issue

Connected back to my previous router TPL C4000 and works fine with same SSID & password??

Would like to hear thoughts & comments on this.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Reolink Cam with Deco X60
2021-07-22 02:01:10

@Edd999 

Hi, nice to see you again.

When you said that the camera connects, but no internet service, did you mean it shows up as an online device on Deco APP, but you can see/control it on Reolink App, like not linking with its cloud server?

--Would you mind providing more details about it

Have you tried to turn off the firewall/antivirus on the Deco X60 and make sure the camera is not under any parental control profile?

Options
2021-07-25 19:40:40
Deco assigns an IP address but unable to view the cam via the app or connect to it, unless connect to another WiFi. So this is the Deco system not allowing the connection. The Firewall and AV is off.
Options
2021-07-26 11:03:19

@Edd999 

Hi, I would like to follow up on your case by email, and could you please help me confirm the following information:

Did you connect the Archer C4000 and Deco X60 at the same time, such as:

ISP—Archer C4000(router mode)—Deco X60(router mode with same SSID and password)  ))---Wi-Fi----(( Reolink camera?

Or did you try to replace the C4000 with Deco X60?

Have you ever set up any port forwarding settings on the Archer C4000 for Reolinke camera before?

If possible, could you please try to the following suggestion

ISP—Archer C4000(router mode)—Deco X60

----Change Deco X60 to be access point mode

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-26 14:57:39

@TP-Link 

Hi answers to the questions below.

Did you connect the Archer C4000 and Deco X60 at the same time, such as:

ISP—Archer C4000(router mode)—Deco X60(router mode with same SSID and password)  ))---Wi-Fi----(( Reolink camera? 

No, one of my internet providers is connected directly to the X60 in router mode, the C4000 is connected to my original provider and camera works fine note there are no setting changes from the default apart from my own SSID and password

Or did you try to replace the C4000 with Deco X60?

Yes, the main network is connected ti the 3no x60 devices, one as main router other 2 as satellites

Have you ever set up any port forwarding settings on the Archer C4000 for Reolink camera before?

No need works fine on the C4000 (Note this is to be removed when mt contract with this provider ends)

If possible, could you please try to the following suggestion:

ISP—Archer C4000(router mode)—Deco X60

----Change Deco X60 to be access point mode

Not possible, the X60 is now set up as the main system (C4000 running on other provider), the issue is on the X60 in router mode changing to access does no resolve the issue as the C4000 is managing the DCHP

Options
2021-07-27 01:16:28

@Edd999 

Thank you very much for the update.

After consulting your case with the senior engineers,  they might need your help to confirm the following information:

1. When you said that 'Deco assigns an IP address but unable to view the cam via the app or connect to it, unless both connect to another Wi-Fi', even the smartphone and camera are on the same Deco’s network(not on the guest network), you still cannot find the camera on the APP, right?—Can I have a screenshot of the error message when you failed to view the camera?

2.What would happen if you try to ping the IP address of the camera on the laptop, such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 937

Replies: 5

Related Articles