Spotify sync fails on Garmin Forerunner 945 when connected to Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-22 13:18:01
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 20210204 rel. 50164

Hi I would like to know if other users are experiencing Spotify sync problem from a Gramin forerunner 945 watch. The issue is pretty solid. From the Spotify app on the watch I can access my Spotify account and see the play list. Starting a sync fails after few  percents are downloaded. My watch is within 1 m from the Deco X60 and when connecting the watch via a hot spot connection (Oneplus 7T - HD1900) the sync is working fine. It looks like the combination deco X60 and Gramin fr945 is not working fine.
How can I get this working ? 

Thank you for your advise.    

Options
7 Reply
Re:Spotify sync fails on Garmin Forerunner 945 when connected to Deco X60
2021-07-23 08:20:02

@OlivierJF 

Hi, here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. turn off the 5ghz on the Deco X60 temporarily;

2. disable the Mesh technology on the Garmin watch from the Deco APP;

3. turn off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP;

Options
2021-07-23 10:28:31
Hi, thank you for your suggestion. After a test following your action points 2 and 3 I still have the same issue. I have even set the flag High Priority for that device put after some minutes the sync fails. I will disable the 5ghz later when possible and will let you know the result.
Options
2021-09-19 17:45:30

@OlivierJF  my wife has just got the 945 and she is having the same issues as you. If I connect it to my phone wifi via hotspot it works fine so its something to do with the x60 deco. Did you manage to find an answer to the problem?

Options
2021-09-20 05:42:24

Hi @Carl_Newman ,

I still have the error after disabling Mesh for the watch in de Deco App and turning off the fast roaming and beamforming. I still need to run a test without the 5Ghz. 

From your message it looks like that the culprit in this story could be TP-Link. I will try to run a test coming weekend and will post the result. 

Options
2021-12-26 12:47:54

Love spotify and Ive used it for years. Usually works well. Ive had a few crashes here and there, and my spotify wrapped still doesn't work though. Youd think after nearly a month theyd resolve the issue, but nothing much has come.

Options
2021-12-27 07:09:42

@adamvinh 

Hi, may I know which Deco model did you refer to, still Deco X60?

Your description here about how Spotify was not working here is a little unclear,  and could you please help me check more details

Did you also have a Garmin watch and have an issue with syncing music from Spotify?

It would be very appreciated if you could explain more about your current problems.

Thank you.

Options
2022-06-08 13:57:04 - last edited 2022-06-08 13:59:06

@OlivierJF I have the exact same issue with my Garmin fenix 5 plus and also a x60 Tp-link mash. It seems to first establish the connection ok and signals me 'incorrect password' when i test it (which i tested 10 times so this is not it). Often even some test signal the connection is good and suddenly it is not. After a while of trying it actually sometime / randomly was able to sync about 50% of a song from Spotity then it is gone again...

I was thinking it might have trouble to hold the session or something like that. Or the key gets refreshed too often (...something like this). All those things are nothing that can be configured neither on the tp-link (at least i couldn't find it) nor on the Garmin (obviously). Also when I look at the list of connected devices the watch is usually not there but sometimes it is ... really makes no sense. 

Like yours the Garmin works fine via hotspot

I would appreciate any help from TP-link. (but please not in the form of switching of 5Ghz .. .i am aware the Garmin can only do 2,4 but obviously i have more devices in my household and both frequencies should be availaible)

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1501

Replies: 7