wireguard vpn connection drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-22 17:47:40
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20210420 Rel. 39951(4555)

Hello

I have the router AX10 more than 1 year and it is working great.

Last week I installed on my NAS wireguard VPN server and I have port forward 51820 UDP from router to my NAS.

Unfortunately the connection drops when I do hight transfer rates tests (speed test) and randomly I cannot connect to the server.

When I had issues, I tested the connection inside my home network and I can connect instantly, pointing the issue to the port forwarding of router. 

The only solution I have is to restart the router, after that it is VPN is fine for a period, until next port block.

I tried to change outside port and forward back in router to 51820, without any luck. The connection is still blocked until reboot.

Thank you

Gabriel

Options
1 Reply
Re:wireguard vpn connection drops
2021-08-05 10:57:03

@viorelp 

Please confirm what does this hight transfer rates tests (speed test), and how to do that.

When you do hight transfer rates tests and the VPN connection drops, do you still have internet access on the computer? 

Can we also have the port forwarding setting on the AX10? What if you change the UDP to All?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1053

Replies: 1