Deco X20 Disconnect Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-22 18:48:47

@TP-Link  I am having a similar issue to those mentioned and have tried all of the fixes recommended here.  Summarizing the issue below:

Current Setup and attempted fixes:

Have the Deco X20's set up as the following:

• (1) plugged in to the Fios Gateway Router with an ethernet cable acting as the main router for the house.  I disabled the wifi on the Verizon Router.  
  • (1) Located in my family room roughly 35 feet from the router location connected via Wifi, shows full strength connection. 
  • (1) Located in the upstairs gym roughly 35 feet from the router location connected via Wifi, shows full strength connection. 

I have updated and confirmed the latest firmware on each device. 

I have completely abandoned the system and reset everything to try again. 

I have power cycled each device in multiple different iterations when the problem occurs. 

I have Verizon Fios 1GB internet.  

I have roughly (30) lightbulbs connected, (5) amazon alexas, Ring system, Sonos system, (2) Desktops, (2) Laptops, (4) TV's all connected to the network.  But the issue only occurs when the below happens.  

The general issue:

Everything works just perfect, full coverage throughout the home good speeds (300-600mbps) no issues with dropped devices or "blips".  This is until both my wife and I start using our computers and laptops for work in the morning.  We both have new laptops and desktops that have no general issues if only one of us is using the wifi network at a time.  

What happens is that I get on my computer, everything is working fine all (2) hubs are green and the router has a stable connection.  My wife logs on and starts working and the problems occur.  The (2) hubs go flashing red and drop internet connection, sometimes the main router drops connection but only if the 2 hubs remain plugged in.  As soon as I unplug the (2) hubs the main router functions fine after a power cycle and doesn't drop a connection with everything working in the home (this is not ideal as its not a full strength connection for everything).   The (2) hubs after a power cycle will go green for 1-5 minutes then the problems just start over again.  

Current Workaround:

The only way I can get everything to function in the house is to unplug the (2) hubs, making them worthless and just deal with the less than ideal coverage of the single router unit.  

Would really appreciate any help I can get as this is very tough with both of us working from home.  Im tempted to return everything but I would really prefer not to have to set up a brand new wifi network again and connect all of the devices.  Please let me know if there are any suggestions!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Disconnect Issue
2021-07-23 02:05:03

@Wolfegang16 

Hi, Could you please help me check the following details so that I could forward your case to the senior engineers later?

1. please log into the web UI and save a picture of the network map;

2. please save two screen-shots of the signal source strengthen of the two satellite hubs on the Deco APP;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-23 15:03:40

@TP-Link 

Is there a way to directly send you the images instead of posting here?  I have everything ready.  

Options
2021-08-11 18:50:18

@TP-Link Following up on this again.  Can you please let me know how I can send you these images?

Options
2021-08-12 06:29:25

@Wolfegang16 

Hi, I have sent you an email, and did you get my email?

In case not, I have sent my email address via private message, and please have a look.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-12 14:56:43

@TP-Link 

Sent an email with all of the requested images.  Please let me know next steps!

Thanks, 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 738

Replies: 5

Related Articles