Block Google DNS on Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 05:17:49
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hi

My Google Home Mini doesn't understand me probably due to the country I'm in not being a native English speaking country. But it works fine when I use it back in the US

I want to try blocking the hard coded Google DNS on my Deco M5. 

Could anyone advise if/how I can block the DNS on the M5?

thanks 

RT

Options
4 Reply
Re:Block Google DNS on Deco M5
2021-07-26 08:55:09

@RandmTask 

Hi, is the reason why you want to block Google DNS because that Google Home Mini doesn't understand the command probably due to the language difference?

And may I know why you think they are related to each other?

Thank you.

Options
2021-07-28 11:10:41

@TP-Link 

Yes,

That's correct. 

I assume.that is the case as the Google Search App on my iphone doesn't understand me either. However if I turn on a US VPN it recognises me.just fine. 

Options
2021-07-29 06:20:24

@RandmTask 

In this way, you could have a check of the DNS settings under the IPv4 to see what is the current DNS?

If it is Google DNS 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, you could change it to the DNS server of your service provider(or ‘get the DNS automatically’) so the DNS resolution request would not be forwarded to Google.

If it is already ISP DNS, you could try to add the parental control profiles and manually add Google DNS under the websites.

Options
2021-09-09 12:31:17

@TP-Link 

My DNS settings in IPv4 are the routers own but I have tried using a third party like Cloudflare

When I put 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in Parental Controls and then ping these in terminal, it still pings these addresses?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1187

Replies: 4

Related Articles