Ownership change not working: l'm locked out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 10:08:34 - last edited 2021-07-24 11:06:32
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm trying to change the ownership of my Deco network from one account to another.

After entering my new account I correctly received the expected email from tp-link which.

When I connect to the Deco with my new account, I tap "LET'S BEGIN" but then instead of getting the "BIND" button I am presented with the standard initial setup options for a brand new deco install (select your model, switch the power off, wait for the blue led etc.).

At this point I am stuck: the new account doesn't work yet and the old one no longer works. Can anyone help me understand what went wrong?

P.S.

I'm currently locked out so I can't check my firmware version anymore, however I just updated it today before attempting the (failed) ownership change therefore it must be the latest version available as of July 24th 2021.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ownership change not working: l'm locked out-Solution
2021-07-24 11:06:18 - last edited 2021-07-24 11:06:32

Solved: After about 2 hours from the initial ownership change request (and after posting to this forum) the BIND button finally appeared.

The documentation should probably make clear that you might need to wait a long time before that button appears. It should also be clear that the normal setup screen will appear anyways and that it will eventually be replaced by the BIND screen.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Ownership change not working: l'm locked out-Solution
2021-07-24 11:06:18 - last edited 2021-07-24 11:06:32

Solved: After about 2 hours from the initial ownership change request (and after posting to this forum) the BIND button finally appeared.

The documentation should probably make clear that you might need to wait a long time before that button appears. It should also be clear that the normal setup screen will appear anyways and that it will eventually be replaced by the BIND screen.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 878

Replies: 1