Change ownership of network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-17 12:27:28
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 202 10204 Rel. 50164

Hello,

We're currently using Deco X60 mesh routers for our office, I'm currently the owner of the network and it's tied to my work email.
But I have resigned and someone else needs to be owner of the network.

But you've made it incredibly difficult to change email address and/or ownership, found this support article --> https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2957/
But that seems to be out of date, that option is not available, I've have added an administrator/manager to the network, but can't make him owner for some reason.

Any support rep from Deco/TP-Link that can assist me?

Best regards,
JT

Options
2 Reply
Re:Change ownership of network
2021-11-18 03:35:02 - last edited 2021-11-19 00:44:48

@jt_awm 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

The FAQ has been updated recently, so it should be ok for Deco with firmware 1.5.0 and above.

And I do see one of your Deco X60 is not updated to 1.5.0, could you please try to update its firmware first?

By the way, could you please turn off the mobile data and only connect to Deco's Wi-Fi to check whether you could see the option to change the owner account?

If still not working, May I know your Deco APP version and the model number as well as the operating system of your smartphone since I tested on my side, I could see the option "change network owner" no matter I connected to the Deco network or not.

It would be highly appreciated if you could send APP feedback via Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log.

Options
Re:Change ownership of network
2021-11-18 14:37:43

@TP-Link Will take a look and try to upate when I'm at the office tomorrow, working from home today.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 2

Related Articles