Deco X60 - Port forwarding not working anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 22:38:33
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel. 54042

Hi,

It's a been a year that I'm using a Deco X60, perfectly working, great product until recently, any Port Forwarding rules that I add doesn't work. 

Hard to tell if that had started since the latest firmware in January or if it's due to a iOS App update. 

I've checked several posts and forums on the internet. Some recommend to review the IPV4 Wan connection in case of a GNAT with the ISP. That's not the case for me (using TPG/Australia).

I've checked the port on the local machine. All good. 
I've used several website and scanner to check if open and all have failed. 
I've start/stop one or all mesh point. Nothing helped. 

The weird thing is that some rules set up prior ~Dev 2020 worked but any new rule since will not work at all, regardless of the port number, port range or even the client selected. 

Hard to debug or diagnose without a more granular Admin interface (I get it's a consumer product - but the App is pretty limited and the Web Admin is basically inexistant - a topic that TP-Link could work on - another topic/subject)

Any idea or thoughts on what to do next?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X60 - Port forwarding not working anymore
2021-07-26 11:31:30

@madrobots 

Hi, the beta firmware is to fix the port forwarding issue caused by the subnet mask.

(For example, LAN 192.168.0.1/255.255.252.0, the client with LAN IP 192.168.1.100 could not be saved and would jump to 192.168.0.100 automatically);

For your issue, I would like to follow up on your case by email, and could you please help me check the following information

1. Could you please my email with a screen-shot of the IPV4 settings;

2. Please go to Deco APP>overview>settings on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions and add the system log;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-26 12:30:26

@TP-Link 

No problem. I've just submit the suggestion with the screenshot attached and logs. 

Also, my LAN setting differ from your comment. So I've attached a screenshot as well. 
My config is 10.0.0.0 / 255.255.255.0

happy to follow up vis email or here. 

Options
2021-07-27 01:28:40

@madrobots 

Thank you very much and the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers.

Please check the email for further assistance.

Options
2021-09-18 07:55:36

@TP-Link 

I found out an interesting pattern when the Port forwarding rules stop working. 

While all my Wifi only devices connect without issue to the Deco Mesh network, it appears that all the Ethernet devices don’t show up in the list of connected device nor are accessible via the network (ping not working).

On top of that, the second and third Deco Access points switch to wifi in order to communicate to the Main deco. Which is weird because they are connected via Ethernet. 

All Ethernet devices and Main deco (Ethernet Port #2) are connected via a TP-Link switch gigabit 16 ports (TL-SG1016D). 

Turning On/Off/hard reboot the switch does not solve the problem.

I’ve replace the switch with a spare 8 ports Gigabit (TL-SG108), same problem occur. No success. 

For every network permutations, I did several tests with the main Deco:

- configured only IPV4

- configured IPV4 + IPV6

- Hard reboot

None of them worked. 

I’ve even tried using a different Ethernet cable between the Main Deco and Switches (8 or 16 ports). No success. 

The only way I could make it work is by connecting directly an Ethernet device (Raspberry Pie or Laptop) directly to the Main Deco Eth2. 

I can only conclude that something is going wrong beyond the Port forwarding which affect the Main Deco Eth1 and Eth2 when any Switch is involved on the network. 

Even more surprising, this is 2 TP-Link equipments perfectly working independently from each other. 

I honestly don’t understand why sometime they can / sometime they can’t work together. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

TP-Link wrote

@madrobots 

Thank you very much and the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers.

Please check the email for further assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 794

Replies: 4

Related Articles