Deco W3600 unable to download

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-28 11:15:51
Model: Deco W3600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I've been using a pair of Deco X20 in mesh mode with wired backhaul for 2 months. The main Deco is in the attic and the other is in the living room. Around 20 devices with various configs from Wifi n to ac to 6 connect through the system to the ISP's 150 Mbps optical line. I activated all antivirus features. The setup seemed to work well at first. I tested and got aroung 105 Mbps down and upload speed. Gradually I add parental control profiles to take care of our children devices including laptops (for work) and smartphones (for play).

But after sometimes, the system was gradually getting slugish. My children are complaining that their laptop are lagging. Their smartphones ran out of daily time slot even though thaey did not use them... and now my smart tv was lagging, too, could not play Apple Music smoothly. Finally, my laptop also had problem downloading files and playing clip in Chrome. I can still browse the web but feel slow. I have restarted the both Decos but the problem is still there. To day I could not download a file of 6MB. and when switch to my phone hotspot, my laptop works flawlessly. The problem is the speedtest.net result is ok so I guess it is related to some settings.

Has anyone experienced similar issue? Could you help? Thank you very much.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco W3600 unable to download
2021-07-30 06:26:15

@Cuctot 

Hi, since the issue started after creating the parental control profiles, would it be possible to delete the parental control settings, reboot all the Deco units again on the APP to have a test?

At the same time, please also consider changing the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1855/

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco W3600 unable to download
2021-07-31 09:26:18

@TP-Link : thank you for your prompt reply.
I have removed all parental controls. 

I've checked Advance settings and see in the IPv4 the DNS list include 2 IPs, one is of my ISP and the other is 8.8.8.8. I go to DHCP server setting and add 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as primary and secondary DNS. Don't know if it is what you recommend?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 2