Wireless connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wireless connectivity
Wireless connectivity
2021-07-28 17:07:59 - last edited 2021-08-03 09:34:08
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-WN881ND

I am running Windows 10Pro and just installed the TL-WN881ND wireless N PCI Express adapter into computer.  installed driver and then tried to connect to my secure Wireless.   It will not connect.  i again tried my guest network which is not secure and it would not connect.   It will connect to my phone that I can use as a mobile hotspot.

Wireless is a Ubiquiti wireless network.  Are there any know issues preventing me to connect this computer to my wireless network.  The Wireless has is using 2k and 5k signals.  I have used a similar model device and it connected just fine 2 years ago.    

I have updated the driver to the most current drivers.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless connectivity
2021-08-04 10:22:07

@dbodily Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

It is recommended to try a different Wi-Fi channel for router's 2.4Ghz WiFi like channel 1/6/11 

Please delete the wireless rofile on your computer and reconnect to router's WiFI  by manually putting in WiFi password:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/
It is recommended to set router's wireless security to WPA/WPA2 PSK. 

If still the same issue, may I have a photo of the error message, and also model of router and photo of router's wifi settings, thank you. 

May I know which driver you have installed for 881N adapter? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 1

Related Articles