TP-link TD-8810

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-link TD-8810

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-link TD-8810
TP-link TD-8810
2013-06-25 17:14:24
Region : Spain

Model : TD-8810

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.06L.03-091210

ISP :

Hi,

I've had this router as replacement en case my main unit failed for some time.

Yesterday I put it to use. After getting everything working I checked to see if there was any firmware update (it came with version 080130). There was so I applied it.

My working speeds worsened noticeably and consistently so I decided to downgrade. The old firmware was also available for download, thus after downloading it I downgraded exactly the same way I upgraded.

Now it doesn't boot. It is not a brick, since the power light is on. It doesn't get out of a very short bootloop. My portable detects a plug and unplug of the ethernet cable continuously.

I would like to know if there is any documented way to recover it, with tftp, or something. Even a JTAG, I could use one but I haven't found any info on this model.

PS I still have to check if it still under warranty, but I'd prefer fixing it rather than having to send it back and wait for it, after all it is a simple and cheap model.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-link TD-8810
2013-07-03 10:41:11
Hi.
After you downgrade the firmware of TD-8810, which lights of TD-8810 can be on?
If you have plugged the ADSL line and Ethernet cable into the modem, and still only the power light is on, the modem may have hardware issue.
You can try to reset it in this way and see if the modem can be working again:
1) Turn off the device.
2) Use a pin to keep pressing the reset button for 15 seconds, and at the same time, power on the device.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 1

Related Articles