[Solution]Wi-Fi diagnostics report Risk of ARP Spoofing

2021-07-29 07:13:53 - last edited 2021-09-29 08:24:14

This Article Applies to:

All Deco models

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Some customers may report that when running Wi-Fi diagnostics under Deco Lab, it would report "Risk of ARP Spoofing", such as 

Cause of the issue:

The "Risk of ARP Spoofing" message appears on Deco Lab when there are two or more different devices in the Deco network that use the same IP address. Deco could help scan and detect such behavior, but cannot stop it as it's the spontaneous behavior of the device.

Solution:

Here are some tips for you if you encounter this security notice.
1) We do find some devices that will perform ARP spoofing in a network, including Circle devices, Sonos devices, etc. If you have such devices in the network, please kindly remove them for a check.

2) Some devices with static IP settings may have a conflict in the IP address with other devices in the network. Please double-check them.

3) If the device causing the problem is not found through the above 2 steps, it is recommended to disconnect or power off the devices connected to Deco one by one and then check which device is causing the problem.

4) If you have found the device causing the problem, and you confirm that the device doesn't own the same IP address as other devices in the network, please contact device support to know why the device causes such a problem.

Options
3 Reply
Re:[Solution]Wi-Fi diagnostics report Risk of ARP Spoofing
2021-08-20 21:44:05

@TP-Link I had this problem with my new m60 deco mesh router system.  I also have sonos in my home.  The sonos setup was causing me to get a network error called ARP spoofing which made my network vulnerable.  I called the Sonos technical support and we worked through different scenarios, but the one that worked for me was to put a Deco x60 module near my TV and Sonos Beam unit.  I plugged an ethernet cord into the Deco x60 module and then connected the other end to the Sonos beam.  The Sonos beam then became the central managing device for my sub woofer and my stereo play devices.  After hard wiriing the Sonos beam and running the TP diagnostics, the error message ARP spoofing disappeared and my network was secure.

This solved the error for me.

Options
2021-08-23 01:54:15

@gnosticeye 

Thanks a lot for sharing.yes

It would be very helpful for us.

Options
2024-01-26 05:41:13

@gnosticeye Thank you I did this today, we have a Beam and 2 SLs as surrounds, all I've done is reboot the network ever since we installed them. I connected the Beam via Ethernet to a Deco and problem solved. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2621

Replies: 3

Related Articles