The Deco M4 totally slow the WiFi velocity.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-29 18:23:51
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210511 Rel. 34580

I have installed 2 Deco M4, one in the first floor where the fiber optic with its modem (modem router) is installed, and the other Deco M4 in the living room in ground floor (separation 7 meters between master Deco and slave Deco).  

The master Deco is connected to the main (modem router) by Ethernet in Gbits connection.

If I connect by Ethernet wire to the main (modem router) I have 900 Mbps of velocity.  If I am around the main (modem router) with WiFi, I have around 600Mbps in 5Ghz.

Without Deco installed, in the living room (ground level) with WiFi I have around 300 Mbps but with no strong signal in 5Ghz.

With both Deco installed, in the first floor near del master Deco with WiFi, I have 300 Mbps (I lost 50% of velocity meanwhile the Deco master is connected by Ethernet). And in the living room in ground level where the second Deco is installed I have strong signal but only 160 Mbps.

As the Deco has not chance to change channels (in my case is channel 44) this band is totally saturated, I am using in the main modem router the channel 151 where the best speed is (in my case).

Some recommendations to improve the Deco performance and velocity ???. In fact Deco was more expensive that repeaters and in my case totally worst performance.

Another problem I am experiencing is that when in the Deco app, I push the Network Optimization when it ends and says perfect, the velocity is half of the previous with not optimization. This situation is always the same.

Please, TP-Link community some help and TP-Link technicians some solution.

Thank you in advance.

Marcelo

Options
4 Reply
Re:The Deco M4 totally slow the WiFi velocity.
2021-07-30 01:21:59

@MarceloG_Arg 

Hi,

Did Deco M4 work on the wireless router mode, or access point mode?

Could you please test the Ethernet speed from the master Deco M4 as well?

Did you have any IPTV/VLAN configuration?

If possible, please refer to this link to change the slave Deco as the main Deco to check the speed again:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-31 21:00:10

@TP-Link 

Hello again.

I will answer your questions:

Did Deco M4 work on the wireless router mode, or access point mode?

I have tried both configuration, in router mode the outcome was less velocity and poor signal.

As my installation is->  Fiber -> ISP Modem/wifi and Ethernet routher (all in one)  and the TP-Link suggestion it to select Access Point when there is Internet->Router so the installation is  Internet->Router->Ethernet Port of the router-wire and then the main Deco M4 wire connected to the Ethernet jack 1.

If I connect my PC to the ISP Router by Ethernet (same port where then I connect the Deco)  I have 970 Mbps

If I connect the PC to the other extreme of the Ethernet wire (where then I connect the Deco) I have 970 Mbps.

Could you please test the Ethernet speed from the master Deco M4 as well?

When I connect the Deco M4 to the router by Ethernet in jack 1 of the Deco and the I connect by Ethernet in jack 2 my PC I lost around 300Mbps, so the velocity is around 650 Mbps in the jack 2 of the Deco.  It has no sense because both Deco ports are Gigabits 1000 bps.   What is the problem in this case ?  

I have interchange Deco and the same happens.

Did you have any IPTV/VLAN configuration?

I have not this kind of connection or configuration.

In short, my problems are:

Connected to the ISP router wifi network, standing next to it: 900 Mbps
Connected to the main Deco by wifi, standing next to it: 320 Mbps

Connected to the main Deco, standing about 6m (20ft) from it: 160 Mbps

Connected to the main Deco by Ethernet 650Mbps

Connected to the hallway Deco by wifi, standing next to it: 140 Mbps

Connected to the hallway Deco by wifi, in about 4m from it: 100 Mbps

Connected to the hallway Deco by ethernet around 200 Mbps.

Conclusion in a distance of around 10 mts from main Deco to hallway Deco from the original 900 Mbps I only have 100 Mbps and some time 140 Mbps.

If the Deco design has been test in factory, please some solution.

Kind regards

Marcelo

Options
2021-08-02 11:21:24

@MarceloG_Arg 

Thank you very much for your update.

Your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already and please have a check of the email for further assistance.

Options
2021-08-02 11:27:14

@TP-Link Thank you. I will wait for a favorable resolution in a way that the money spend in the Deco has a good value.

Marcelo

Options