Deco M5 assigns ip address to device but cannot access the device via its ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 assigns ip address to device but cannot access the device via its ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-30 21:05:59
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hello guys

I have 3x Deco M5s, one (on the ground floor) is connected to my router (the router is in modem mode) and its the main Deco. The other 2 are in 2 different floors. Everything has been working great so far. However, I have connected 2x devices via ethernet to my Deco which is in the first floor and everything has been great but today I have been getting some issues.

The device which I have connected via the ethernet cable to my Deco in the first floor is a linux computer and I access it via SSH and it has a domain assigned to it from duckdns so I can access it anywhere I like. The ip address assigned to it by the Deco is 192.168.68.121, and what I have been noticing lately is that I can SSH into my linux via the duckdns address but when I try to SSH it through its ip address i.e. 192.168.68.121 it doesnt allow me (I am in the same WiFi network as my linux computer). 

When I restart my Deco which is in the first floor, everything works fine and I am able to SSH into my linux computer via its ip address as well as its duckdns domain. 

I have never experienced this before, can someone tell me whats going on with my Deco?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 assigns ip address to device but cannot access the device via its ip address
2021-08-02 06:12:31

@bachoo786 

HI, I would like to follow up on your case by email, and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Were you able to reproduce this issue all the time, for example, each time you need to restart the RE deco before SSH into the Linux host?

2. the client PC you try to SSH into the Linux, is it connected to the same satellite Deco’ Wi-Fi, also the host network, not the guest?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 599

Replies: 1

Related Articles