Connection loss while dual band activated at the same time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-03 11:10:51
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 200915

I've bought myself the Archer C20 2 months now. been enjoying its features. but whenever I've kept using both 2.4Ghz band and 5Ghz band at the same time I've lost connection on only the 2.4Ghz band. i lose connection, i turn off WiFi from my phone and then turn it on again just to find my 2.4Ghz band nowhere. the 5ghz band still shows up but for a couple of seconds the 2.4Ghz disappears and when it comes back, the internet connection is lost and i have to restart the router to get the internet back. last night it got to the point where I've had to restart it 12 times in an hour. ive contacted my dealer to get a replacement considering i have a year full of replacement warranty but they've told me to wait till lockdown goes down in my area. This is very harassing to me. Can i get help somehow?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connection loss while dual band activated at the same time.
2021-08-05 10:40:46

@hamimrahman.17 

Can you please confirm how many wireless devices connect to the 2.4G network? What are they?

When the 2.4G stops working, are the devices connected to it obtaining the correct IP address from the router, what are they? Try to modify the wireless settings on the router, such as wireless channel, channel width, and security, you can check the guide below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

Does the issue happen when you first purchased it, or it occurs recently? You can also try to reset the router to factory defaults then reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again if the issue persists.

Options
2021-08-10 18:38:28

@Kevin_Z this problem first occured the day after buying it. and it grew and grew day by day. even now as i'm typing this message I've restarted the router twice in the last 10 minutes. i've done everything you're recommending. I've selected the best wireless channel, gone for WPA2 as the max my phone supports and I've tried the both channel widths. I've also reset the router maybe 5-7 times as far as i can remember but nothing seems to work. and the IP adresses, I've binded every one of the devices that have access to my network and they have their addresses reserved. i have 3 Smartphones, 1 Smart TV, and A Desktop that runs internet via the TPLink patch cord connected to a WR850N running on repeater mode. (Also, another problem is the 850N not getting internet connection when i have mac filtering turned on, on the C20). Should i look for another router or should i wait?

Options
2021-08-12 08:28:10

@hamimrahman.17 

Are all the devices connected to the WR850N repeater's network, or some are connected to the C20's and some are connecting to the repeater's? 

Did you mean in your original post that the issue would not exist if you only enable 2.4G or 5G? What if you remove the WR850N from the network, only leave the C20, connect the devices to the C20 directly, will the connection be more stable?

BTW, please check and ensure the firmware for both the C20 and the WR850N are the latest. You can try to reset them to factory defaults, then reconfigure from scratch.

Options
2021-08-14 07:01:35

@Kevin_Z my C20 is in one room and the PC is in another. The PC is connected to the network via the Lan port of the 850, and the 850 runs on repeater mode(Repeater of the main 2.4 network of the C20). All the rest of the devices are directly connected to the wireless network of the C20. 

The issue would not exist if i only enabled 2.4G. If i enabled both 2.4 and 5G at the same time, the router started the problem.

I cant leave the 850 alone. My PC doesn't have a wireless adapter. I had the 850 lying around so used it like a wireless access point and connected the PC to it so the PC gets internet connection.

Resetting to factory defaults dont work but I'll check the firmware version for both. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 4

Related Articles