Wifi disconnects automatically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-03 16:31:51
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 V0001.0 Build 201124 Rel.64328n

My phone's wifi disconnects automatically. At first I thought this was an issue with my phone but when the same happened with my dad's phone too then I thought maybe the issue is with the router. Though my tv doesn't has this issue, don't know why. It keeps streaming while our phone's disconnect. My two neighbours use the same router as me (common isp, common peripherals). Other neighbours are nearby too.  Can the issue be because of wifi channel crowding ?  If I manually change the channel will it help ? Also if there's anything other than this please do give suggestions. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi disconnects automatically
2021-08-04 03:26:41

@RogerThat21 

Yes, it could be the channel is crowded. You can try to modify the wireless settings on the router, such as wireless channel, channel width, and security, you can check the guide below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

When did you purchase the router? You can try to reset the router to factory defaults then reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again if the issue persists.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 1

Related Articles