Deco M4 firmware only on 1.5.0 - cannot select a signal source manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-04 08:37:28 - last edited 2021-08-04 08:38:42
Model: Deco M4
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

As the title says, I just bought a set of Deco M4 and updated them to the latest firmware (which is 1.5.0).  It's all working fine, but they are not daisy-chaining as I would have expected them to do for a better signal.

i.e. my office is directly connecting to the lounge on a very low signal, rather than connecting through the bedroom and then to the lounge which should be a better signal overall. (bedroom to lounge has full signal).

I have read that the M5's have a higher firmware version than the M4's and that there was something in firmware v 1.6.0 and higher that let us manually select a signal source for each Deco.

My question is:  Is this firmware update coming to the M4's as well?  Or do I need to return the M4's and buy some M5's to get this functionality?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 firmware only on 1.5.0 - cannot select a signal source manually
2021-08-05 07:31:41

@Vandragorax 

Hi, the firmware 1.6.0 will come to Deco M4 as well but it might take some time to be finally released.

For the Deco M5, the official firmware 1.6.0 has not been released yet but it will come soon and we have a beta firmware for testing.

Options
Related Articles