5ghz channel issue DECO X68

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-04 11:48:30
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi

So, I bought a Deco X68 from the US last Month. I live in pakistan. Came back , did the installation etc and everything worked out well except that many of my devices other then iphones dont connect to 5ghz band . The deco is us8ng channel 40 and 44 mostly for 5ghz but all these devices are set to use 149 and above due to country regulation. My samsung s21ultra also doesnt sees these channels . The same phone works perfectly on these channels when in US but as soon as the sim connects to the local network , it stops seeing these channels of 5ghz . If i switch airplane mode ON and restart the phone and then toggle wifi first then it will connect without problem. Once i switch off airplane mode , it keeps the connection to 5ghz untill i go out of range and wont connect again. Its not possible to that again and again. 

I have seen in other threads that TP Link has helped people with a beta version etc to sort thos channel issue. I would really like the help as i have been a long loyal customer since last 10 years plus and all my friends have also ordered there decos from US as its not available in Pakistan. 

Appreciate a positive and prompt reply.

Regarfs

Options
5 Reply
Re:5ghz channel issue DECO X68
2021-08-05 06:49:12

@mujju76 

Hi, Thank you very much for your cooperation.

I see that your model is Deco X3600 which is sold in US Costco only, not Deco X68.

Since in the US, both band 1 and band 4 of 5ghz are allowed so that Deco X3600 would work perfectly here, but now it is taken to Pakistan, so we could not guarantee the performance anymore.

As for the previous customized firmware to fix the channel issue, since only band 4 is allowed in Bangladesh, so local retailers have requested a special firmware for local users.

Back to your current dilemma, Deco X3600 Is not shipped to Pakistan and I checked on the internet,  both band 1 and band 4 are allowed in Pakistan,  there might be no proper reason for the customized firmware.

Options
2021-08-05 06:55:49

@TP-Link i really appreciate ur prompt feedback. It is surely confusing for me to understand that why devices [phone] stop seeing band 1 once pak mobile network is connected . 

Well, if have a patch which can make it use only on band 4 then please let me know else , i fully understand the limitation in the Mesh technology.

Thanks again

Options
2021-08-05 07:20:11

@mujju76 

Thank you very much for your understanding.heart

I am sure you would be informed if there is any other solution available.

Options
2021-08-05 07:28:41
One quick question. ARENT BOTH X68 and AX3600 HAVE SAME CONFIGURATION? why named differently
Options
2021-08-05 08:03:54 - last edited 2021-08-05 08:04:26

@mujju76 

I don't know the specific reasons either but X3600 is exclusively for the US(Costco) and the firmware would also be different.

It might be a kind of sales strategy.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 844

Replies: 5

Related Articles