Moving to new home! Does the already set up Deco become a plug and play??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-04 22:27:42 - last edited 2021-12-06 08:03:51
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Moving to new home and was wondering if i had to reconfigure my Main Deco?

It will be a new Modem and internet provider

Or do i just plug and play?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Moving to new home! Does the already set up Deco become a plug and play??-Solution
2021-08-05 02:47:30 - last edited 2021-12-06 08:04:39

@Onavarro89 

Hi, if both the new service provider and old provider use dynamic IP without any other additional configuration, Deco would be plug and play.

If not, you might need to reconfigure the Deco but it is not necessary to set it up from the beginning and you could go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to modify the new internet connection details.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Moving to new home! Does the already set up Deco become a plug and play??-Solution
2021-08-05 02:47:30 - last edited 2021-12-06 08:04:39

@Onavarro89 

Hi, if both the new service provider and old provider use dynamic IP without any other additional configuration, Deco would be plug and play.

If not, you might need to reconfigure the Deco but it is not necessary to set it up from the beginning and you could go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to modify the new internet connection details.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Moving to new home! Does the already set up Deco become a plug and play??
2021-12-03 19:04:22

@TP-Link 

Hi, I just moved from a house to another but kept my internet provider (Virgin media). I got my broadband set up today and connected my deco with ethernet to the router (which acts like a modem) and the deco acts like the primary router but something is not right. Don't have any network and I assume it has do

to with the dynamic ip configuration but I don't know how to configure it. Any ideas?

Options
2021-12-06 08:07:44

@Rbn7 

Hi, you could go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to reconfigure your network.

I noticed you said Deco was connected to a router that acted like a modem, if this router is not on a bridge mode, your current connection is more likely to be dynamic IP.

Options
2022-02-20 21:38:43

How did you move, if it's not a secret? I will also move to another country soon, and I have some questions.

Options
2022-02-21 18:28:47

@Willitrue13 different countries as well. It was plug and play.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6021

Replies: 5

Related Articles