RE505X Range Extender keep on missing in Tether App and sometimes it restart by it own

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE505X Range Extender keep on missing in Tether App and sometimes it restart by it own

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-05 03:39:57
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.0.11 Build 20210511 Rel. 174130

Hi. I'm staying in my double-storey house. Currently I'm using TP-Link AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router Archer AX73 firmware V1.0.1 Build 20200908 Rel. 69273 connected to my Internet router located at ground floor of my house.

I also use TP-Link RE505X Range Extender on 1st floor of my house to give a strong extended wifi signal as most of the time, I be doing my office work and video calls there. This distance from the TP-Link AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router Archer AX73 to my ground floor stair is 480cm, the height of the stair to the 1st floor surface is 460cm and the distance from the 1st floor surface to the range extender is 489cm. I include below the Location Assistant pictures capture from TP-Link RE505X Range Extender > Tools of Tether App.

I had setup the RE505X Range Extender according to the installation guide first time and also I check the signal range from the wifi 6 router to the range extender is good.

I'm now facing problem with the RE505X Range Extender as lately, I notice the range extender keep on missing in Tether App has cause my connection is based on TP-Link AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router which is weak and cause office work and video calls keep on disconnecting. I have to switch off and on it after 1 mins, then only range extender will appears in the Tether App. This has cause caused inconvenient for me as the range extender is fine from the first day setup till now.

And sometimes, the range extender restart by it owns where both 2.4Gz and 5Gz turn off also when I doing my office work and video calls which is very troublesome.

Last questions, would the RE505X Range Extender generates heats as when I touch the range extender, it feels like very hot.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE505X Range Extender keep on missing in Tether App and sometimes it restart by it own
2021-08-06 02:30:47

@David_Yip  Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. 

1. May I know how about the Leds status when RE loses Internet, here is a detailed troubleshooting guide to for RE unstable issue, kindly give it a try and let us if it helps: 
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/272398

When did you buy this extender and when did the issue start? 

2. Can you help describe how does the LED status change when RE restarts? How often does that happen?
After you found RE reboots, please login to tp-link web page, save the log file and share to us.  ( keep RE plugged in when collecting log)
How to log into the web management page of the range extender (new logo)? https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1398/

Range extender will generate heat when in use like other electronics,  if you use RE within common household entrancement where Operating Temperature : Operating Temperature: 0°C~30°C (32°F~86°F), this operating environment has been tested to be safe in the in lab. Put RE in a cool and  well ventilated place not in the cabinet or closet it should be fine. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 895

Replies: 1