Router not working after Firmware update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-05 10:05:31 - last edited 2021-08-05 10:07:37
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer A6(US)_V3_201117

Hello everyone, I just got a notification of a firmware update to 

Archer A6(US)_V3_210513

Modifications and Bug Fixes:

1. Optimized the wireless.

2. Optimize network stability.

Notes:

For Archer A6(US) 3.0

Without thinking about it much, I just pressed the upgrade button. The upgrade process was shown and upon reaching 100 Percentage, on pc I got the "not able to reach website error". 

I thought it needed some time to restart. 

So even after waiting for 10+ minutes I was getting the same screen.

Then I turned off the router and turned it on again. But after turning it on, all 5 Lights on the router is on and there is no wifi and I can't do much on pc either. 

All it is showing in pc is that a line is plugged in. 

How bad this situation is, how can I recover from this? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Edit. I forgot to add that, I already tried to reset the router by holding on the reset button for 10 seconds. Doing this shows no response on the device. And is behaving just like it was doing before. 

Options
13 Reply
Re:Router not working after Firmware update.
2021-08-05 10:14:07

@RandomPerson1 

At what address are you trying to connect to the WebUI? By default it should be using 192.168.0.1

Make sure you try to access it via HTTP, since the HTTPS may have been disabled after the FW upgrade.

Does your PC also get a IP from the DHCP server (if you have it enabled)?
If not, try setting up a static IP, in the same CIDR range and try again.
If does not work, try pinging 192.168.0.1, to see if responds at all.

Do you see any WiFi networks?

Options
2021-08-05 10:31:35

@RandomPerson1 

Sorry for jumping in.

You can check ku4eto's suggestion first. If none helps resolve it, refer to this article to check if you can make it alive:

[Knowledge sharing]How to use firmware recovery if you bricked the TP-Link router?

Options
2021-08-05 11:10:03

@ku4eto Thank you for the quick support. Yes I am trying to access the web Ui via 192.168.0.1. 

Now I have tried HTTP and it also doesn't bring the web Ui. 

I was using my modem as a bridge and using the ppoe username and password to get internet access before. 

Trying to ping 192.168.0.1 shows request timed out. (host unreachable) 

Options
2021-08-05 11:13:57

@Kevin_Z  thank you for the quick support. 

I just tried what @ku4eto suggested. But unfortunately that isn't working. 

I just checked out the link you have sent me. Can you please point out which tutorial shall I follow for my specific device. 

Also my device is still under warranty. 

How complicated is the flashing procedure. 

If it is fairly simple, I can Try to do it myself. 

Again thank you for quick support.

Kevin_Z wrote

@RandomPerson1 

Sorry for jumping in.

You can check ku4eto's suggestion first. If none helps resolve it, refer to this article to check if you can make it alive:

[Knowledge sharing]How to use firmware recovery if you bricked the TP-Link router?

Options
2021-08-05 11:28:05

@RandomPerson1 

You can try the second.

Options
2021-08-05 12:35:53

@Kevin_Z Thank you, I just followed the tutorial that you have linked me. But upon completion, I am received with the above error screen. 

Options
2021-08-05 12:50:56 - last edited 2021-08-05 12:53:50

@RandomPerson1 

Download your FW from here. Unzip and browse for the BIN file in the web interface you posted, then click on Upgrade.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-08-05 13:07:59

@terziyski Yes this is the exact zip file I have used. 
Just like the first time I ended up in this situation, I selected BIN file on web interface and clicked on upgrade. But Upon completion of 100%, I'm sent back to the initial page from where I selected the zip file.

So according to the tutorial https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/1482/ 

After 100 % completion of Step 6, I'm set back to the screnshot in Step 4.

Options
2021-08-05 13:15:12 - last edited 2021-08-05 17:29:31

@RandomPerson1 

Close the browser, reboot the router and open it's web interface after that.

If you see again the screenshot from Step 4 then try to hard reset - Method 1.

If after the hard reset you see the again the screenshot from Step 4 then as it is said at the end of this tutorial:

" If this does not work please contact TP-Link support for further assistance. " - contact your local support or the retailer.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-08-05 13:36:33 - last edited 2021-08-05 13:42:44

@terziyski thank you for your response. But I am not able to hard reset my device. 

I tried holding the reset button for more than 10 seconds and after powering on all the leds are lit up like the picture I have attached. 

There is no change in the status of led no matter how long I hold the reset button.

So after going back to step 4, selecting the zip file and clicking I'm back to step 4. 

So whom shall I contact now. 

Edit. A text saying "Firmware upgrade success." is shown for a split second after 100% completion of step 6 before returning back to step 4 screenshot. 

This is only shown in a split second. Had to screen record this to check out what the red text actually says. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2756

Replies: 13

Related Articles