VPN Client Passthrough on Deco M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-06 14:41:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.9.4

Hello!

I'm trying to get a Windows 10 client VPN (PPTP) working on my new Deco M9 Plus router, but all I'm getting is "A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed."

The VPN was working on my old Asus router, but I haven't been able to get it to work on the M9 Plus.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN Client Passthrough on Deco M9 Plus
2021-08-09 09:18:21

@MAKV 

Hi, Have you added this computer into a parental control profile?
or Could you please turn off the Firewall on the Deco temporarily in case it blocked the VPN connection?
And Do you have any Circle devices or other third-party firewall software in use?
Can I have a picture of your network topology, like:
Inter--ISP modem--Deco M9 plus? 
By the way, could the VPN be created if the computer is connected directly to the ISP modem?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:VPN Client Passthrough on Deco M9 Plus
2021-08-11 18:04:27

@TP-Link 

Sorry for my late reply, and thank you for the guidance. No parental control profile, my network at the time consisted of my decos (2), with the main deco plugged straight into my internet (no modem). I was using the built in firewall in windows 10, no other active antivirus (Malwarebytes for occasional scanning).

I ended up putting my old Asus router back, so my topology now is Internet --- Asus --- Deco ~ Deco, and my VPN works as it did before. I think I'm gonna stick with this setup for now. If I end up ditching the Asus router later on I'll be sure to try disabling my firewall first thing.

Thanks again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 892

Replies: 2

Related Articles