No household device will connect to the extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-06 16:01:14 - last edited 2021-08-10 11:55:07

I will be boxing mine up this weekend and taking it back, i have just bought a tp-link AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender and none of my devices will accept the Router password, i have tried everything.

1. Setting the router to WPS was easy, no problem.

2. I moved the extender to the desired location, it appears in my list for my mobile, laptops and desktop.

3. The router password fails

4. I changed the router password to something easy, it fails.

5. I have reset router and extender four times, nothing

6. I have gone to the web site tplinkrepeater.net and tried there, but i get the following message 'If you're connecting to the Router directly, you will be unable to access the Range Extender's management page by using http://tplinkrepeater.net.' and then a list of instructions for all the things i have already tried.

7. I have tried to app, it finds the extender but wont connect.

8. I have tried connecting sitting on the floor with router, extender and instructions all within 50 centimeters of each other.

9. I even tried to manually set-up the extender using the SSID, nothing

Everything seems fine on the extender, all the lights work but nothing will connect even with the simplest password i can think of, i have modifies my router settings to make the password as basic as possible.

I am going back to cables....this has now been going on for 4 hrs...

This was meant to be easy...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No household device will connect to the extender-Solution
2021-08-09 07:11:20 - last edited 2021-08-10 11:55:07

@Solla-topee Fixed it, thanks for your help, this is what i did in reply to your email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re:No household device will connect to the extender

@Oridius  Hello, 

May I know the model of your router? ROUTER TP-LINK AC750

Range extender should use the same password & wireless security as Main router after it has been set it up successfully, if you found RE and router does not use the wifi password: I was under the impression that the Extender picked up the router password and it used that, so i changed my router (hub) and tried that, no luck.

Case1:  RE Led/ Wi-Fi LEDs are OFF on the range extender, and wireless client will not accept the password of router

It is possible that  wrong password has been put in during the RE set up, please factory reset RE and reinstall it from the beginning, put in correct Wi-Fi password during set up
Reset:with RE powered on, use a pin to push the reset hole for 10 secs until most LEDs flash once

• All LED's are on, i reset the RE a few times to factory, no luck, this option i skipped this time.

Case 2: RE Led/ Wi-Fi LEDs are ON on the range extender, and wireless client will not accept the password of router

• Download tp-link Tether app, double check Range extender's password on tether app and use that password to connect WiFi :

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2541/

If your mobile device could not connect to RE's Wi-Fi, please try to log in on your computer using ' tplinkrepeater.net'  or IP address of RE. 
Try to find RE's IP address on router's Client list. 

1. I changed the name of the 2.4ghz and 5ghz but it would let me change the password for some reason.
  2. I used the sharing option and sent the RE password (a huge string of letters and numbers) to my email
  3. I turned on my PC and selected the tp-link AC750 wireless, and copied the long password from my email
  4. Now it works

Thanks for your direction, i couldn't change the RE password but i was able to send it via email and copy and paste!!!!

Cheers.

May I have a photo of the RE's password on Tether APP? 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2021-08-09 05:46:04 - last edited 2021-08-09 05:48:37

@Oridius  Hello, 

May I know the model of your router? Range extender should use the same password & wireless security as Main router after it has been set it up successfully, if you found RE and router does not use the wifi password: 

Case1:  RE Led/ Wi-Fi LEDs are OFF on the range extender, and wireless client will not accept the password of router

It is possible that  wrong password has been put in during the RE set up, please factory reset RE and reinstall it from the beginning, put in correct Wi-Fi password during set up
Reset:with RE powered on, use a pin to push the reset hole for 10 secs until most LEDs flash once

Case 2: RE Led/ Wi-Fi LEDs are ON on the range extender, and wireless client will not accept the password of router

• Download tp-link Tether app, double check Range extender's password on tether app and use that password to connect WiFi :

If your mobile device could not connect to RE's Wi-Fi, please try to log in on your computer using ' tplinkrepeater.net'  or IP address of RE. 

Options
Re:No household device will connect to the extender-Solution
2021-08-09 07:11:20 - last edited 2021-08-10 11:55:07

@Solla-topee Fixed it, thanks for your help, this is what i did in reply to your email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Oridius  Hello, 

May I know the model of your router? ROUTER TP-LINK AC750

Range extender should use the same password & wireless security as Main router after it has been set it up successfully, if you found RE and router does not use the wifi password: I was under the impression that the Extender picked up the router password and it used that, so i changed my router (hub) and tried that, no luck.

• All LED's are on, i reset the RE a few times to factory, no luck, this option i skipped this time.

1. I changed the name of the 2.4ghz and 5ghz but it would let me change the password for some reason.
  2. I used the sharing option and sent the RE password (a huge string of letters and numbers) to my email
  3. I turned on my PC and selected the tp-link AC750 wireless, and copied the long password from my email
  4. Now it works

Thanks for your direction, i couldn't change the RE password but i was able to send it via email and copy and paste!!!!

Cheers.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-10 11:51:14 - last edited 2021-08-10 12:03:05

@Oridius  Hello, 

Glad to hear that the issue is finally resolved,  may I know the model of your  Home router?  For example TPLINK Archer C7 or you could take a photo of the bottom label of router and it with us. May I know double confirm the model, firmware and hardware version of AC750 ,the model begins with RE XX, or TL-WA and could be checked on tether APP / 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/315/#2

The long random password that should be caused by WPS process, here is a related FAQ, normally we recommended to change router random password to the ordinary password and later set up RE by Tether or web, not WPS at that moment 
Why is my main router’s wireless password changed after using WPS to setup the Range Extender?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/765/

Options
2021-08-10 12:37:27

Hi @Solla-topee please see the information below:

• The router is - TP-LINK AC750 Ver 4.0
  • The model number is - RE200
  • Firmware version is - 1.0.7 Build 20200922 Rel. 39466
  • I dont know if any of these are the hardware number but these are all the numbers i can find, the sticker on the device doesn't have anything labelled Hardware version or anything.

I shall look at resetting the password again but when i go to the settings on the device, the password is locked and i cant change it.

I am tempted to leave it alone as it works, why change something that works :-)

Thanks for all your help

@Oridius 

Options
2021-08-10 13:04:59 - last edited 2021-08-10 13:08:23

@Oridius  You could leave it in the current status if other devices work good .

May I know do you also own a tp-link router (the hub)?  Router is the one which offers Internet for RE200, the model number begins with Archer XX, or TL-WR on its label, can I have a photo of label of house router, not the RE's label. Many thanks! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 689

Replies: 5

Related Articles