Can't log in to Remote Desktop Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-08 06:42:41
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0

ISP :

Hi, I recently bought this modem for use at home. When I try to log in to my computer at work I am able to log in to the server via a VPN connection but not onto individual computers via Remote Desktop Connection. Both computers run windows 7.

I am certain it is connected to the TP-Link router as with my old D-Link router it does work.

Please can someone point me to the setting which affects this behaviour and I will try copying it from my old router to the TP-Link router.

Many thank
Options
7 Reply
Re:Can't log in to Remote Desktop Connection
2013-03-08 11:43:27
I think you need to open port 3389 for your home PC on TD-W8968.
Log into its web-based utility, go to NAT---Virtual Servers and add new. You'd better assign a static IP for your home PC.
Options
2013-03-08 14:47:01

Ada wrote

I think you need to open port 3389 for your home PC on TD-W8968.
Log into its web-based utility, go to NAT---Virtual Servers and add new. You'd better assign a static IP for your home PC.

Thanks, will try. Why would I need a static IP now any more than in the past? As I've said I've remoted in previously with all kind if routers and on public WiFis and I've never had a problem.
Options
2013-03-09 17:37:48

dj22 wrote

Thanks, will try. Why would I need a static IP now any more than in the past? As I've said I've remoted in previously with all kind if routers and on public WiFis and I've never had a problem.

I think Ada is referring to static IP on your computer (local network) and not via DHCP. If your computer get a new IP via DHCP then the rule configured for remote desktop will not work.
Options
2013-03-15 18:29:56
Please can anyone tell me how do I use remote desktop to access my remote computer in windows 7.Please tell complete steps if anyone knows.
Options
2013-05-30 17:34:53

rubysomerville wrote

Please can anyone tell me how do I use remote desktop to access my remote computer in windows 7.Please tell complete steps if anyone knows.

It's not clear what you want to know. This process is not the same as in other OS you think? or you haven't faced with it before at all?
Options
2013-09-01 19:02:11
Kindly can anybody let me know how would I utilize remote desktop to enter my remote workstation in windows 7.please tell complete steps if anybody knows.all step are take after manual yet lapse message are showcase your plugins way are not discovered.
landscape architects in dallas texas
Options
2013-09-06 17:13:58
Is your workstation in windows 7 connected to the LAN site of TD-W8968?

powelldino wrote

Kindly can anybody let me know how would I utilize remote desktop to enter my remote workstation in windows 7.please tell complete steps if anybody knows.all step are take after manual yet lapse message are showcase your plugins way are not discovered.
landscape architects in dallas texas
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2894

Replies: 7