WA850RE N300 router not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-08 20:37:07
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

When I try to connect tomy tp link repeater, I get the following error :

username or password is incorrect. please refer to the troubleshooting below: is the "caps lock" enabled on your keyboard? the username and password must be lowercase, please ensure that the "caps lock" led is disabled on your keyboard and try again. forgot your username or password? please reset this device to the factory default settings if you have forgotten your username or password. the default username and password are both set as "admin". note: the settings will be restored to factory default after the resetting. how to restore this device to the factory default settings? firstly locate the reset button on the rear panel of the unit, whilst this device is powered on press and hold the reset button for more than 5 seconds, this device will then reboot and restore itself to the factory default settings.

I have tried resseting to factory settings and it still won't work. Any idea, how I can solve this problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WA850RE N300 router not working
2021-08-09 07:47:11

@Olivier_Demers Hello, 

After factory reset RE successfully, it will let user create a new login password(or some models uses default username and password which are both ’admin’  ). 

So it is recommended to reset again and use Tether app or web UI to set up again. 

Reset: with RE powered on, use a pin to push the reset hole until most Led flash once

If still the same issue, may I have photo of the login page, and hardaware version of your RE? Did all the Leds flash once when you reset this extender? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 844

Replies: 1

Related Articles