Tp-Link Deco Wired Connection to Xbox One Does Not Work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 16:42:44 - last edited 2021-08-13 14:12:56
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

***Edit:  this is resolved. The issue was related to multiple bad ethernet cables I was trying to use. it is important to test these, especially if they are older, beat up, and been hanging around in various boxes for years***

This is very simple. I am plugging my xbox one directly via ethernet cable into an active Deco station. There is no detected internet connection for the ethernet. Only wireless works. The internet performance wireless by Deco is absolutely horrible for the xbox, even inches away from the station, so I am trying to connect via ethernet for improvement. I have power cycled everything. Also, my deco doesn't allow access via the web console, so no fixes there will work. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tp-Link Deco Wired Connection to Xbox One Does Not Work-Solution
2021-08-12 07:47:40 - last edited 2021-08-13 14:11:55

@Hurtbig 

Hi,

There is no need to enable IPTV service to make Xbox work with Deco and please leave it disabled.

And there is also no need to wire the secondary to the primary Deco using an Ethernet cable.

But Could you please wire Xbox to other satellite units to have a look?

By the way, did you have any wired laptop, and would the laptop be able to get internet service via the same Ethernet port?

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Tp-Link Deco Wired Connection to Xbox One Does Not Work
2021-08-11 02:30:53

@Hurtbig 

Hi, here are some possible reasons:

1. The Xbox had been configured static IP address before.

2. The Ethernet cable might be broken.

3. If it is connected to the main Deco, please check whether the IPTV service has been activated on this port.

And I checked your Deco firmware is on Deco M9 Plus-V2-1.2.11, which does not support web UI and the latest firmware is 1.5.1, you might also consider updating the firmware:

Deco M9 Plus(US)_V2_1.5.1_210126

Deco M9Plus_2.0_upgrade_tool_v1.2.0_Windows

Options
2021-08-11 15:05:08

@TP-Link I will check these things. I am not trying to use the main Deco for this activity, so do I need to try this IPTV service? Does this somehow have to do with activating backhaul? I actually have two Deco's in my office because the wireless performance has been so poor. Should I try to wire the secondary to the primary Deco using ethernet cable? 

Options
2021-08-11 17:30:32

@TP-Link  1. Xbox is not set to static IP. I have checked this.   

2. I have switched ethernet cables to no effect

3. I have updated the firmware as instructed. I can now use the the web interface, which is nice.

However, my M9 Plus Deco does not work for wired internet connection. The Xbox detects nothing when I turn off wireless and plug in the ethernet cable. Being able to plug ethernet into a router is a pretty important feature, so I am struggling here a bit.

Options
Re:Tp-Link Deco Wired Connection to Xbox One Does Not Work-Solution
2021-08-12 07:47:40 - last edited 2021-08-13 14:11:55

@Hurtbig 

Hi,

There is no need to enable IPTV service to make Xbox work with Deco and please leave it disabled.

And there is also no need to wire the secondary to the primary Deco using an Ethernet cable.

But Could you please wire Xbox to other satellite units to have a look?

By the way, did you have any wired laptop, and would the laptop be able to get internet service via the same Ethernet port?

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-13 14:11:44

@TP-Link I am happy to report that I got this working. I simplified my cable modem setup by replacing my old modem/router combo. Most of the issue seemed to be related to two separate bad cables! Thank you for the help...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1823

Replies: 5

Related Articles