Internet light is orange, network works when I connect laptop directly to ISP modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet light is orange, network works when I connect laptop directly to ISP modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 23:24:59 - last edited 2021-08-10 23:30:04
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi - I just ordered the AC1200/Archer A6 to connect it to my Spectrum modem, however the internet light is orange. When I connect the modem directly to my laptop, I do have internet so I guess that means issue doesn't come from ISP/modem? I've tried rebooting both modem and router multiple times but doesn't solve anything.

Not sure what to do, any advice? (I'm not tech savvy at all so I have no idea what hardware/firmware versions I have or if that has anything to do with the issue).

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet light is orange, network works when I connect laptop directly to ISP modem
2021-08-11 09:51:19

@RafRide 

Can it get a WAN IP address from the Spectrum modem? Please show us the Status of the Internet/WAN page of the A6.

Try to do MAC clone on the A6, clone the Ethernet MAC address of the laptop as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2264/

Check the following guide for more details if clone the MAC still doesn't work:

What should I do if I cannot access the internet through Wi-Fi router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 368

Replies: 1

Related Articles