Internet working in one TP-Link router but not working in a new TP-Link A6 router. What to do now?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet working in one TP-Link router but not working in a new TP-Link A6 router. What to do now?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-13 11:08:02 - last edited 2021-08-17 04:39:15
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Helping my mother with her new internet in a area where internet isnt available, we bought her a TP-Link Archer A6 for 39$, I brought my old TP-Link Archer C9 out just incase.

Using the newer router she has the a6, the tether app setup worked and we set dynamic IP,no clone etc, but it cannot connect to her internet. The globe icon is orange. After numerous factory resets we gave up.

I hooked the C9 i had to it and did not need any setup, and it just worked, all blue lights, wifi worked, 16mbps, wired works, shes happy. We returned the a6 to amazon for replacement thinking it was a bad router, turns out the new one can't connect to internet either. Wtf? https://www.techravy.com/

We connected to the routers own network to run setup in Tether, did it all by the book, and it never could see internet. I'm not a complete newcomer to routers and stuff as a gamer, but I was just stumped and couldnt think of what to do, I hooked the archer c9 back up and all is well called it a day.. Is there anything I can do or anyone have any advice? I'd really like her to use a newer router, as her house may be a enemy with having a tin roof and all. We also want to Nanostation her wifi around 150ft to share with relatives. 

thanks for any advice!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet working in one TP-Link router but not working in a new TP-Link A6 router. What to do now?
2021-08-13 12:29:42

@jestenclay 

When you connecting the new Archer A6 to your mother's house, was it able to get a WAN IP address from the network? Can we have the screenshot on it?

Who is the ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the A6? Just to be sure, please check and ensure all the setting parameters are the same as you choose on your Archer C9, such as WAN connection type, username and password (If the WAN connection type is PPPoE, you will need them), etc. 

You can refer to the instructions below to clone the MAC address of your C9 to the A6:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2264/ (Situation 2)

If none of the above works, please send us the System Log on the A6 (System Tool > System Log), we will check further.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 1