RE205 WEIRD problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE205 WEIRD problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE205 WEIRD problem
RE205 WEIRD problem
2021-08-13 15:15:30
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been using RE205 for two months and it's been working fine, but today it suddenly lost connection.

After rebooting, the 2.5ghz light was on for a while and sometimes the 5ghz light was on for a while, the problem is all my devices can't connect to it, and when I trying to connect it only shows network access denied.

By the way my main router 2.5ghz and and 5ghz are working fine.

The worse thing is even the reset button is no longer functional, I can't reset now, I can only keep trying to reboot, but it's not working at all, please help me!

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE205 WEIRD problem
2021-08-16 02:52:48

@Ck123 Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Can you have a try as below and see RE respond to a factory reset? Will RE will show default SSID like Range Extender XXX or TPLINK Range extender XXX after reset? 

Factory reset RE: with RE powered on,use a pin to keep press the reset button until all/ most the Leds flash once.

If default SSID shows up, confirm RE is the on the latest firmware and set it up again: (select hardware version first to download correct firmware)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re205/

May I have a short video showing"the 2.5ghz light was on for a while and sometimes the 5ghz light was on for a while" you could share a link of the video. 

Recently was there any power outage/ firmware update failure/ thunderstorm that leads to the issue, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 1

Related Articles