Cannot change connection type in app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-14 17:34:42 - last edited 2021-08-14 17:36:06
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel. 39623

I am connecting to my Archer A7 router (note: NOT the Archer A10) through the Tether app.  I live in Peru, South America.  I have need of changing from Dynamic IP to L2TP (for VPN connection).  I used to be able to do this through the app under "Internet Connection" -> "Connection Type", but recently that has changed and will not allow me to tap on "Connection Type " to change and save the changes.

I can change it via the web browser, but before I could on the Android app and it was much more convenient.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

David

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot change connection type in app
2021-08-16 10:02:36

@dllott 

Hi David, can we have the phone OS version and Tether app version? Have you upgraded the router firmware or Tether app recently?

If possible, please take a video about the settings on the Tether app when you try to change the WAN connection type, we will confirm.

Options
Re:Cannot change connection type in app
2021-08-17 12:55:17

@dllott 

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Android OS 10   Build QP1A. 190711.020 N960USQS9FUG2

Tether App Versions 3.4.28

Router Firmware is up to date.

No known changes in app or firmware since problem started.

Select Router -> Tools -> Internet Connection -> Connection Type... Cannot select Connection Type.  No menu pops up to select type as it did before. Before list of Static IP, Dynamic IP, L2TP, etc. showed up, but not nothing!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 2