Request migration tool for config settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-15 09:03:20
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Good day,

I want to upgrade my router to a better one, like the AX20 for example, or even better. From what i've seen all the recent tp-link routers have the same interface and settings layout. I want and request for an easier way to migrate the settings like the server ports forwardings, the dhcp assigned IP's and so on ( i have over 50 assigned ).

What solution is there? Even an online tool would be great, as it will save me over an hour at least of reconfiguring and offer me the power of effortless upgrade in the future. Right now i am holding back said upgrade as i have to redo a lot of settings.

Cheers

Options
2 Reply
Re:Request migration tool for config settings
2021-08-16 03:04:04

@Feby 

As far as I know, you will need to reconfigure those settings if you change the router, there is no way to import all the settings from one to another directly.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Request migration tool for config settings
2021-08-16 05:03:49 - last edited 2021-08-16 05:04:05

This is why i had requested this "feature". There are commands at the root level that are executed, and a dhcp config file for example, usualy is the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 623

Replies: 2

Related Articles