Capacity reduced when connecting TellStick

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-15 16:44:07 - last edited 2021-08-16 03:24:12
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

We have problems with our Flow Stop (controlling water valve) together with Telldus (smart home unit), Netatmo (weather station) and TP link (router) in our 120 m2 cabin. 

The issue is that when we connect the cable from TellStick to the TP-Link router, the wifi signals get very weak, and we lose contact with several units in the cabin. Is it correct that connecting the Telldus with the router with cable reduces the wifi signals significantly? Is the router too weak? The 4G signals are excellent in the area. 

Equipment:

TellStick ZNet Lite v2

Popp Flow Stop 2

Tp-link mr200 4g lte wifi-router

Netatmo weather station

Options
3 Reply
Re:Capacity reduced when connecting TellStick
2021-08-15 17:36:54 - last edited 2021-08-16 03:24:12

@LaTor 

Hi,

Could you check the markings that are printed onto the Ethernet cable that you use to connect the TellStick to the router?

Normally the type of Ethernet cable used to connect devices to the router shouldn't matter with regards to the Wi-Fi, but since you are having problems and if it turned out your Ethernet cable is marked as "UTP" (unshielded twisted pairs), then it might be worthwhile to replace that Ethernet cable with one that is shielded, best would be either "SFTP" or "FFTP".

Options
2021-08-16 06:43:36

@woozle 

Thank you for quick answer. I will check when I get back to the cabin.

I used the cable that followed the TellStick unit. In any case, are you saying that with correct cable, connecting TellStick to the TP-Link router should not reduce wifi signals?

The TellStick provider (https://telldus.com/) told me that their product do not use bandwidth at all, and should not at all reduce wifi signals. 

Options
2021-08-16 13:04:16

@LaTor 

Normally, connecting a device to the router via Ethernet cable should not reduce the Wi-Fi signals, no matter if the Ethernet cable is shielded or not.

So what you are seeing is clearly something abnormal. My guess would be that something generates electrical noise that interferes with your Wi-Fi signals.

From what I see the things that can easily be replaced are the Ethernet cable and the USB power adapter of the Tellstick. Therefore I would start my troubleshooting with these if I was facing this problem myself.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 3

Related Articles