Frequent Disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Frequent Disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Frequent Disconnection
Frequent Disconnection
2021-08-18 06:58:06
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200402 rel.75473(5553)

Hi,

I have recently bought an Archer A10 Router for a PPPOE Connection. 

I have an issue that the router stops broadcasting the SSID on a regular interval causing a disconnection. I have factory reset the router but still, it doesn't help me. 

I have tried checking if there are any upgrades to the router firmware but the Router Admin page says that I have the latest firmware. 

Can someone please help me on this?

Regards,

Siva

- Siva
Options
7 Reply
Re:Frequent Disconnection
2021-08-19 02:11:17

@sivakumarms 

When the router stops broadcasting the SSID, how about the Wi-Fi LED on the A10, are they correctly on? Please try to install a Wi-Fi analyzer to check if you can detect the 2.4G and 5G signal, you can also login to the web interface page of the A10 to modify the wireless channels, then check again if you can detect the signal.

How about the LAN connection of the A10 when the Wi-Fi disappears? Is it still giving you internet access?

Please also verify how did you reset the router, by turning it off then on, or press the RESET button on its back panel? Reset it one more time by checking this guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/497/

Options
2021-08-19 05:07:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for the reply. 

When the router stops broadcasting the SSID, LAN works fine.

Also, the problem is not with the ISP provider if I directly connect with the LAN from the outer as well internet works well.

Below are the steps I have tried,

1. Factory Reset 
  2. Changed the Channel Width and Channel
  3. RTS for 2.4 and 5
  4. MTU
  5. The firmware seems up to date.
  6. Changed the DNS settings

Still I don't see any luck with the router. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

- Siva
Options
2021-08-19 06:00:55

@sivakumarms 

You have done all that I can think of.

Just to be sure, both the 2.4G and 5G disappear at the same time? How did you recover the connection?

If the router is purchased recently, we would suggest you contact the reseller to request a warranty, then check if it is a hardware issue.

Options
2021-08-19 06:59:00

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, both 2.4 and 5 disappear at the same time. 

I am thinking to get this replaced with the reseller under warranty as the router is just 10 days older. I have been having this issue for past 1 week. 

I have been behind my ISP to fix this issue thinking something was broken at their end. 

- Siva
Options
2021-08-19 08:07:54

@sivakumarms 

Yes, please.

Let me know if the replacement will work properly or not.

Options
2021-09-09 06:49:35

@Kevin_Z ,

Hope you are doing good. I have got the Router replaced and I don't have any more issues with it.

That proves the router delivered to me was a faulty one. 

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Siva

- Siva
Options
2021-09-09 07:39:26

@sivakumarms 

Hi Siva, thanks for the update. It's glad to know the replacement is working fine.

Enjoy the internet.smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 7

Related Articles