WIFI become slow and unstable , cannot finish speedtest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-19 16:39:08
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210804 Rel. 77124

After flashing version 1.5.0, the wifi become unstable (originally wifi is still okay at 1.4.3 firmware) even after flashing beta firmware.

Network: Unifi (Telekom Malaysia) 300 mbps, router mode, VLAN is set to Unifi specified (500,600)

Sympton: When using speed test app, the speed can reach as high as what mesh node can offer (up to 150 on second node, 300 on first node) but as soon as it reach the peak, the wifi speed will stadily drop to near zero. In the website the error show up because unable to finish speed test. When surf some websites like Shopee and Facebook, loading is also laggy and slow. I have contacted TM Unifi support and they have reset the port and say the ISP side is fine.

Options
3 Reply
Re:WIFI become slow and unstable , cannot finish speedtest
2021-08-20 06:46:26

@LeonBorin 

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you ever tried to switch the second Deco as the main Deco:?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2400/

Did the Ethernet connection from the Deco also have the unstable speed?

I would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box.

Options
2021-08-20 16:34:16

@TP-Link Hi again, I just swapped the mesh node as instructed by your knowledge base, now the problem solved and speed test can run as normal. I will monitor the situation for few days in case the problem resurface again.

Options
2021-08-23 05:41:27

@LeonBorin 

Thanks a lot and please feel free to update here with further improvement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 3