remote access to archer 200 with no public ip

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-25 18:34:17
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1

Dear friends,

Have been looking for the solution for a while. Need to connect remotely my archer200, for the following reasons:

a) control cameras in the home network (port forwarding would work)

b) use remote POS (port of sale) to connect to the kitchen display and kitchen printer that will only work under one home network (vpn would work)

But THE BIG PROBLEM is that none of cellular ISP providers (got three of them) open public IP here. There is NO CHANCE for it.

I know that this issue had been raised a few times here but could not find the one that would help me.

Any recommendations? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:remote access to archer 200 with no public ip
2021-08-26 17:33:41 - last edited 2021-08-26 17:33:59

@George_W 

I am afraid, but if there was a simple solution, then I guess it would be common knowledge by now.

In case you have a computer in your home network that is always running, then you could consider a workaround using a remote control software like TeamViewer, for example.

It mirrors the screen of the computer in your home network to your remote computer. So basically you run the camera software and POS software on the home computer and see its screen on the remote computer as if you were there. It can also be used to copy files between the two connected computers, for example a document that you want to print out on your home printer.

Options
Re:remote access to archer 200 with no public ip
2021-08-26 17:56:38

@woozle 

thanks for this advice. This is what I have been using for last few weeks but it is far not the best option. Would be happy to find a real solution that would work 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 620

Replies: 2

Related Articles