Is there a list of routers that support captive portal guest network authentication?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there a list of routers that support captive portal guest network authentication?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-28 01:58:03 - last edited 2021-08-30 12:07:13
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is there a list of routers that support captive portal authentication?

I came across https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1560/this FAQ in the knowledge base. However, in my EWS I do not have any option for portal under security. Just WPA2-PSK or no security.

Regards, Daniel Rosehill
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Is there a list of routers that support captive portal guest network authentication?-Solution
2021-08-30 12:02:25 - last edited 2021-08-30 12:07:13

@danielrosehill 

As the support page you've linked to has been updated very recently, we can probably assume that only the five routers listed there support Portal Authentication. They are all previous generation 802.11ac models, but at least in my country three of them can still be purchased as new.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Is there a list of routers that support captive portal guest network authentication?-Solution
2021-08-30 12:02:25 - last edited 2021-08-30 12:07:13

@danielrosehill 

As the support page you've linked to has been updated very recently, we can probably assume that only the five routers listed there support Portal Authentication. They are all previous generation 802.11ac models, but at least in my country three of them can still be purchased as new.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4489

Replies: 1